IMPORTANT: This article is applicable for the following Series - SD85, XD85, XD93, XD94, X93C, X90C, X85C, X83C, X80C, S85C, S80C, W85C, W80C and W75C
WARNING: Performing a factory reset should be considered as a last resort, as it will remove all the settings, self-installed applications, channel sorting etc.
We're sorry that you're experiencing a reboot issue while trying to update the software on your TV. For information on how to resolve this issue, please look at the scenarios listed below.
If the following startup screen is displayed, please use the steps below. You may need to try the procedure several times (from the beginning) before this issue is resolved:
1. Unplug the AC power cord from the electrical socket
2. Press and hold the [VOL-] and [Power] buttons on the TV (not on the remote)
3. Re-plug the AC power cord in while keeping the [VOL-] and [Power] buttons pressed down on the TV
4. Please hold down the buttons until the LED turns green, this process may take 30 seconds or more
5. Let go of the buttons
6. The TV will restart itself twice and then return to the initial setup screen. If the TV does not restart by itself and return to initial set-up screen, please repeat steps 1 to 5 until this occurs (maximum of 5 tries). If this does not occur after the fifth attempt, please call our support line for further support
7. If you reach the initial set-up screen, go through the initial setup. However, do not tune any channels or register your Google account
8. Once in the HOME menu, go to [Settings] > [Storage and reset], and perform a factory reset. Failing to perform a factory reset after doing the forced factory data reset may cause some applications and features to be lost
9. Complete the factory reset
10. Once your TV returns to the initial setup screen, complete the setup as normal (add tuning settings, a Google account etc.)