Follow these steps to import photos or videos from your camera to a computer running Windows 11 or Windows 10:
- The computer may not work normally after you upgrade a non-compatible computer to the Windows 11 or 10 operating system. Check the computer manufacturer's support website to ensure the computer is compatible with an upgrade and supports the Windows 11 or 10 operating system.
- If the USB device is not recognised or you want to revert to the previous OS, consult the computer manufacturer's support website for further details.
- Turn on the computer.
- Ensure you've inserted the recording media containing the pictures or videos into the camera.
Note: If trying to copy files from a camera with internal memory, you must remove the memory card from the camera. The computer cannot read the internal memory of a camera while a memory card is inserted.
Connect the supplied USB cable to the camera and the USB input jack on the computer.
Connection through a USB hub or other USB devices, such as a printer or keyboard, is not supported and cannot be guaranteed. Connect the camera directly to a USB port on the computer.
Turn on the camera. The computer automatically detects the USB connection from the camera and installs the appropriate driver from the operating system.
Transfer the pictures or videos to the computer using one of the following methods:
Use the Import pictures and videos option.
- After you connect the camera, if a notification box appears, don't click on it and proceed to the next step.
- Click File Explorer → This PC.
- Under Devices, right-click the camera, then click Import pictures and videos.
- If the Import pictures and videos option doesn't appear, set the USB Connection to something other than Mass Storage.
- MENU → (Setup) → USB Connection → Set to something other than Mass Storage.
- If the camera's Ctrl w/ Smartphone is set to On, the USB Connection setting can't be changed unless it is set to Off.
Note: The operation method differs depending on the camera, so please also check your camera's Instruction Manual and Help Guide.
- Click Review, organise, and group items to import, then click Next.
- Once you have selected the groups you want to import, click Import.
- When the Import is complete, your photos will be presented in File Explorer.
- Copy and paste the video files from the Removable Disk window representing the camera.
- From the desktop screen, click the Folder icon on the taskbar and then click the Computer icon on the left.
- In the Computer window, click the icon that represents the camera.
- Click the folder with the movies or photos in it and drag and drop it on the computer's desktop screen.
Note: All the folder contents will be copied to the computer's hard drive.
If you can't import images to your computer, visit the following FAQs: The computer does not recognise the USB connection from a Sony camcorder.
If you can't import images from your camera or memory card using PlayMemories Home, refer to the PlayMemories Home support page.