IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Before you begin
If your TV is showing ghost or double images, please keep the following points in mind:
- If you watch a non-3D programme in 3D mode, the TV screen will display a double image. Make sure that the 3D feature of the TV is turned off. Press 3D on the remote control and select Off. To check if your TV is 3D-capable, refer to the user manual supplied with the TV. Manuals are posted on the support website.
- If a stationary picture is continuously displayed, a residual image is sometimes generated. However, the screen returns to its normal status over time. The issue will be less noticeable a few minutes after the TV is turned on.
- When operating the TV in extremely low temperatures, the picture may be delayed or the screen may become dark. This is a normal operation of the TV. The screen returns to its normal status as the temperature increases.
How to solve ghosting or double images
- Make sure the video cable is securely connected between the TV and the source device.
- Turn off any electrical or battery-operated devices that may be creating radio frequency (RF) interference.
- Reset the TV:
- Turn off the power supply of the TV.
- Unplug the television power cord from the electrical outlet. Leave it unplugged for 30 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.
- Turn on the power supply of the TV.
- If the issue persists, try plugging the power cord into a different electrical outlet.
- If the issue is still unresolved, the TV may need to be repaired.