Set Dual Video REC to On, and then start recording.
- Movies are recorded in HD format and MP4 format simultaneously when Dual Video REC is set to On. You cannot record only MP4 movies with this camera.
- Dual Video REC will be set to Off when Frame Rate is set to 50p.
When recording MP4 movies, set Frame Rate as follows according to the file format setting.
- AVCHD file format: set to 50i or 25p
- XAVC S HD file format: set to 25p
NOTE: Available file formats differ depending on the model of the camera.
- If your camera has the Intelligent Active setting in the SteadyShot (Movie) menu, set SteadyShot to a setting other than Intelligent Active. Dual Video REC is not available when Intelligent Active is selected.
Playing back MP4 movies:
Movie format needs to be set to MP4 to play back MP4 movies.
- Press the (View Images) button to enter the playback mode.
- Switch the format of the movie to be played back by selecting the 4K, HD, 4K/MP4 or HD/MP4 icon displayed in the upper right of the playback screen.