Depending on the shooting conditions, the camera may not be able to focus on the eyes. In such cases, focus on a face and detect it.
The Eye AF function will not work in the following situations:
- When the Focus Mode is set to Continuous AF or Manual Focus.
- When the person is wearing sunglasses.
- When the hair covers the person's eyes.
- When the eyes are closed.
- When the person is in the shade.
- When the person is out of focus.
- In low-light or back-lit conditions.
- When the camera cannot detect a person's face.
NOTE: When using A-mount cameras, make sure that the centre of the person's eyes is in the focus area, and press the key to which you have assigned the Eye AF function.