Depending on the camera and the focal length setting (wide or tele), the infinity symbol () may be displaying when the focus is set to a faraway distance with the tele mode. For this reason, it may be difficult to focus on a subject, if the actual distance to the subject is farther away than the focus point of the camera.
Follow the below guidelines to avoid recording out of focus images.
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product.
- Use the MANUAL dial or the touch panel to manually adjust the focus.
NOTE: The infinity symbol () is displayed when the focus distance is set to more than 1 kilometre.
Sometimes the position where the subject is in focus can shift, depending on the shooting conditions.
NOTE: Adjust the focus position and check whether the subject is in focus.
- If using a camera that has an aperture setting, try selecting a smaller aperture to narrow down the iris opening. This will increase the depth of field, and creating a less blurry background.
- The focus range narrows if the iris is open to a wide setting.
- You can increase the depth of field by using a stopped down aaperture (IRIS).
- For cameras other than FDR-AX700, depending on your subject, consider using Landscape, Sunrise&Sunset, Night Scene or Fireworks from the Scene Selection menu with Focus set to Auto.