Questions & Answers: 186
- Frequently Asked Questions for PlayMemories Home This page introduces Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and useful information for PlayMemories Home. If your questions aren't covered in this article, don't hesitate to type your query in the search bar on the
- How to set up the camera to be remotely controlled with a smartphoneThe Imaging Edge Mobile (replaces PlayMemories Mobile™) app must be installed on your smartphone. Visit the Google Play™ store or Apple® store on your smartphone to download and install it. Remote control setup
- I cannot send videos to my smartphone through the Imaging Edge Mobile applicationIf you cannot send videos to your smartphone using the Send to Smartphone function of the Imaging Edge Mobile (PlayMemories Mobile successor) app, check the file format of the video you are attempting to send.
- How do I import or transfer photos and videos to a computer with PlayMemories Home?Select an option: Cyber-shot Windows USB Wi-Fi Importing the images from the camera or memory card to an external HDD (Hard Disk Drive) Mac USB Wi-Fi Importing the images from the camera or memory card to an external
- The Action Cam does not turn onCheck to see if the battery pack can be charged without any problem, and if the camera turns on. Attach the battery and turn off the power of the camera. NOTE: Charging is not possible when the camera is turned
- Will resetting the unit back to the factory default erase recorded images and videos?When RESET is executed, the recorded movies and pictures are not deleted. However, the unit's settings are restored to the factory defaults.
- No picture or sound when playing camera or camcorder content on a TV via HDMI connectionMake sure your TV is set to the proper HDMI input to receive the signal from the camcorder. Most TV remotes have an Input button that cycles from one input to the next. Press the Input button repeatedly until the
- What software can be used for importing and exporting XAVC S content?For information on compatible software for importing and exporting XAVC S content, refer to the following website. Editing software for 4K/HD videos IMPORTANT: Sony does not guarantee operation of third party editing
- I imported movies recorded in XAVC S format to a (Windows) computer. However, they cannot be played back on the computer.Movies recorded in XAVC S format can be imported/played back on a (Windows) computer using the PlayMemories Home software. Visit the PlayMemories Home support for more information. PlayMemories Home support