Full Specifications & Features
- CAMERA TYPE
- Digital camera
- F-NUMBER (MAXIMUM APERTURE)
- F1.8 - F4.0
- FOCAL LENGTH
- f = 6.9 - 17.6 mm
- FOCAL LENGTH (35MM FORMAT EQUIVALENT)
- 18 - 50 mm
- FOCUS RANGE (FROM THE FRONT OF THE LENS)
- Approx. 5 cm (0.17 ft) to infinity
- Sensor Type
- 1.0-type (13.2 mm x 8.8 mm) Exmor RS CMOS sensor
- Number Of Pixels (Effective)
- Still images: Approx. 20.1 megapixels , Movies: Approx. 16.8 megapixels max.
- Number of Pixels (total)
- Approx. 21.0 megapixels
- BUILT-IN ND FILTER
- ND (1/8 ND)
- COLOR TEMPERATURE RANGE
- 2500 K - 9900 K
Recording (still images)
- Recording Format
- JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver. 2.32, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 4.0 format)
- Image Size (pixels) [3:2]
- 1.0-type L: 5472 x 3648 (20 M), M: 3888 x 2592 (10 M), S: 2736 x 1824 (5.0 M)
- Image Quality Modes
- RAW, RAW+JPEG, JPEG
- VIDEO COMPRESSION
- XAVC S: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- AUDIO RECORDING FORMAT
- LPCM 2ch (48 kHz 16 bit)
Recording system (movie)
- MOVIE RECORDING SYSTEM (XAVC S 4K)
- 29.97p (100 Mbps / 60 Mbps), 25p (100 Mbps / 60 Mbps), 23.98p (100 Mbps / 60 Mbps)
- MOVIE RECORDING SYSTEM (XAVC S HD)
- 119.88p (100 Mbps / 60 Mbps), 59.94p (50 Mbps / 25 Mbps), 29.97p (50 Mbps / 16 Mbps), 23.98p (50 Mbps), 100p (100 Mbps / 60 Mbps), 50p (50 Mbps / 25 Mbps), 25p (50 Mbps / 16 Mbps)
- SLOW & QUICK MOTION (SHOOTING FRAME RATE)
- PROXY RECORDING
- TC / UB
- Memory Card Slot
- Multi slot for Memory Stick Duo/SD memory card
- Focus Type
- Fast Hybrid AF (phase-detection AF / contrast-detection AF)
- Focus Point
- Still images: Max. 315 points (phase-detection AF), Movies: Max. 273 points (phase-detection AF)
- Focus Type
- Human, Animal
- Focus Type
- Human, Animal
- Other Features
- AF Subj. Shift Sensitivity (Movie), AF Transition Speed (Movie), Circ. of Focus Point
- Metering Type
- 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Metering Sensitivity
- EV0 to EV24 (ISO 100 equivalent)
- Exposure Compensation
- +/- 3.0 EV (1/3 EV steps)
- ISO Sensitivity
- Still images: ISO 125 - 12800 (expandable to ISO 80 - 12800), AUTO (ISO 125 - 12800, selectable lower limit and upper limit), Movies: ISO 125 - 12800 equivalent, AUTO (ISO 125 - 12800, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- Anti-flicker Shoot.
- Viewfinder Type
- Monitor Type
- 7.5 cm (3.0-type) type TFT
- Touch Panel
- Number of Dots
- 921 600 dots
- Adjustable Angle
- Opening Angle: Approx. 176 °, Rotation Angle: Approx. 270 °
- OTHER FEATURES
- Cinematic Vlog Setting, My Image Style, Creative Look, Product Showcase Set., Background Defocus, Soft Skin Effect, Custom function, Picture Profile
- Clear Image Zoom
- Approx. 2x
- Shutter Type
- Electronic shutter
- Shutter Speed
- Still images: 1/32000 to 1/4 s,Movies: 1/12800 to 1 s
- Flash Sync. Speed
- 1/100 s
- Movie: Active / Off
- Pre-flash TTL
- Flash Compensation
- +/- 3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 EV steps)
- External Flash Compatibility
- Sony α System Flash compatible with Multi Interface Shoe
- Continuous Drive Speed (approx. max.)
- Hi: 24 fps
- No. of recordable frames (approx.)
- JPEG Extra fine L: 170 frames, JPEG Fine L: 188 frames, JPEG Standard L: 189 frames, RAW: 80 frames, RAW & JPG: 78 frames
- Enlarged display mode, Protect, Rating, Shot Mark (Movie), Divider Frame, Photo Capture
- Screen reader, Focus Magnifier, Peaking Display, Subject Recognition in AF, Touch Focus, Touch Tracking, Touch Shutter, Touch AE, Vari-angle LCD screen, Custom function
- PC Interface
- Mass-storage / MTP
- USB TYPE-C TERMINAL
- Yes (Hi-Speed USB 480 Mbps (USB 2.0) compatible)
- WIRELESS LAN（BUILT-IN）
- Yes (Wi-Fi Compatible, IEEE 802.11b/g/n (2.4 GHz band))
- Yes (Bluetooth Standard Ver. 4.2 (2.4 GHz band))
- HDMI CONNECTOR
- HDMI micro connector (Type-D) 3840 x 2160 (30p / 25p / 24p) / 1920 x 1080 (60p / 50p / 24p) / 1920 x 1080 (60i / 50i), YCbCr 4:2:2 8bit / RGB 8bit
- Multi Interface Shoe
- Mic Terminal
- Yes (3.5 mm Stereo minijack)
- View on Smartphone, Remote control via Smartphone, PC Remote
- VIDEO DATA FORMAT
- VIDEO RESOLUTION
- 1280 x 720 (30p)
- AUDIO DATA FORMAT
- LPCM 2ch (16bit 48 kHz)
- Built-in, stereo
- Built-in, monaural
- Supplied Battery
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1
- Battery Life (Still Images)
- Approx. 290 shots (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
- Battery Life (Movie, actual recording)
- Approx. 45 min (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
- Battery Life (Movie, continuous recording)
- Approx. 75 min (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
- Internal Battery Charge
- USB Power supply
- Power consumption with LCD screen
- Still images: Approx. 1.9 W, Movies: Approx. 3.6 W
- Operating Temperature
- 0 - 40 ℃ / 32 - 104 °F
Size & Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- Approx. 105.5 x 60.0 x 46.7 mm (4 1/4 x 2 3/8 x 1 7/8 inches)
- Weight (with battery and memory card included)
- Approx. 292 g (10.3 oz.)
- BODY ONLY (OZ. )
- Approx. 266 g (9.4 oz.)
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Rechargeable Battery NP-BX1, Wind Screen, Wind Screen Adaptor
What's In The Box
- Rechargeable Battery NP-BX1, Wind Screen, Wind Screen Adaptor
From selfies and portraits to landscapes and snapshots, the vlog camera ZV-1 II lets you frame your shots exactly how you want, thanks to its wide-angle zoom lens. 18 mm is great for selfies, while 50 mm is ideal for portraits and snapshots. What’s more, the maximum apertures of F1.8 with the wide-angle and F4 with the telephoto give a smooth background bokeh, adding all the atmosphere you need.
No experience is needed to make an impressive vlog with all the right visuals from the outset. My Image Style lets you simply tweak brightness and colour while viewing what you plan to shoot — all without having to wade through menus. For shots with more creative colour and mood, Creative Look offers ten presets so simply select one that matches your vision.
Give your vlog a dramatic touch
Skip post-production editing — just tap the screen to turn everyday moments into cinematic imagery. With the Cinematic Vlog Setting, the camera automatically shoots in a Cinemascope aspect ratio at 24 fps — the film industry standard. Then, you can add the perfect touch of colour to your footage simply by selecting from five LOOKs and four MOODs for instant, professional results. Use AF Transition Speeds to choose from three levels of focusing speed, allowing you to bring your subject into focus at the perfect pace for adding some drama.
Shoot like a pro
The ZV-1 II is both compact and lightweight, but there’s no compromise on image quality. Its large 1.0-type image sensor means it can capture professional-level footage, shooting in XAVC S format in 4K resolution at up to 30p or, for expressive slow motion, up to 120p in Full HD resolution. It also supports simultaneous proxy recording for efficient post-production workflows.
Impressive image quality
The ZV-1 II’s compact body is equipped with a large 1.0-type Exmor RS™ CMOS image sensor developed by Sony. This stacked image sensor also includes a DRAM memory chip for ultra-fast data processing of the approximately 20.1 effective megapixels. It all adds up to supremely high-resolution and high-sensitivity imaging that far exceeds that of a typical smartphone.
Focus on what you want. Activate Real-time Tracking to follow a subject of your choice. The camera recognises colours, brightness, and subject distance, as well as facial information to keep track of the subject so you can concentrate on grabbing the best angles. Just tap the subject on the screen to activate Touch Tracking for precise focus tracking.
The ZV-1 II automatically makes sure you always stay in focus. It recognises human faces and eyes, so it keeps track of the main subject without wandering off onto other subjects. The Eye AF feature can even be set to track animal faces and eyes.
Always look your best
Look your best any time you're shooting. Without any special settings, the ZV-1 II will accurately capture your skin tone, ensuring a healthy and natural look. Face Priority AE will automatically brighten your face so there's no need to worry about lighting either. There's also a Soft Skin Effect selectable to OFF/ Low/ Mid /High to adjust your skin smoothness.
Powerful image stabilisation
Shaky footage can ruin the best of vlogs, but the ZV-1 II is built to let you capture great footage even while you’re walking and shooting handheld. Active Mode helps to minimise camera blur, giving you steadier shots without the need for any post-shoot editing.
Built for clear voice recording
With the ZV-1 II, capturing high quality audio is even easier. In [Auto] mode, the new built-in Intelligent 3-Capsule Mic switches the direction of the built-in mic from [All Directions] to [Front] when the camera recognises a human face in the frame. Or you can switch manually to [Front] for selfies or [Rear] when shooting with narration. There’s also the option of attaching the supplied windscreen to reduce wind noise and capture clearer audio outdoors.
Vast range of audio options
Raise your audio quality even further by connecting external microphones. For example, the ECM-G1 compact shotgun microphone clearly captures sound in front of the camera and can be seamlessly attached without a cable. Or take your pick from Sony’s extensive line-up of microphones, designed to suit a broad range of applications and enable you to take your vlog to the next level.
Grows with your creativity
With the ZV-1 II, it’s easy to take the next steps towards boosting your videography skills. Just like professional Cinema Line or α series cameras, the ZV-1 II supports S-Log3 and S-Gamut3.Cine picture profiles, allowing you to maximise your captured dynamic range and giving you even greater flexibility for post-production.
Built-in ND filter
The ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* 18-50mm F1.8-4 zoom lens is specifically designed for vlogging on the go. It has a built-in neutral density (ND) filter to control light exposure by three stops, to give images greater expressiveness in bright light. The lens maintains sharpness throughout the zoom range, allowing you to take capture all the shots you need to bring your vlog to life.
Small and lightweight, the camera is designed to be taken out anywhere — just like your smartphone. Weighing just 292 g, capture everyday life with ease and grab content on the go.
Simple, intuitive control
Even first-time camera users and vloggers can jump straight into shooting with the ZV-1 II; there’s no need to study complex settings. Touch function items, such as recording, self-timer and the Product Showcase Setting, are displayed on the main screen and are easily adjustable. This is also great for shooting selfies or other situations when you can’t reach the physical buttons on the camera.
Selfies made simple
Let the ZV-1 II do the work for you to capture great group moments. When taking selfies in iAUTO mode with two or three people, the camera automatically adjusts the setting to keep everyone’s faces sharp and clear.
Always know when you’re recording
Say goodbye to accidentally missing the action. When you press the MOVIE button or the record icon on the LCD screen, the recording lamp glows red and a red frame appears on the screen, letting you know instantly that you’re capturing what counts. The rotatable screen means you can also track recording while shooting from any angle.
Stand out with just a tap
The ZV-1 II is designed for easier content creation. Just tap to activate the Product Showcase Setting and the camera will automatically focus on the product you’re holding with no additional gestures needed. Or use Bokeh Switch to get a softly blurred background — simply select [Defocus] to make the subject stand out, or [Clear] to keep the entire image in focus.
Select the best scene
Only transfer the scenes you need, saving time and smartphone storage space. By adding a Shot Mark while shooting or replaying a video, you can cut out a 15-, 30-, or 60-second clip to send straight to your smartphone. Shot Marks also allow you to later easily find the scenes you want to use, cutting down on time searching through footage.
Simple smartphone connection
Connecting your camera and your smartphone has never been easier thanks to the Creators’ App mobile application. Data transfers continue in the background even if the smartphone display sleeps or a different app is launched. You can also turn your smartphone or PC into a remote control to operate the camera from a distance.
Transform the ZV-1 II into a high-quality web camera by simply connecting a compatible device via USB. The large 1.0-type image sensor and Creative Look function ensure vibrant visuals.
Sony production support
Log in to the Creators’ Cloud to make the most of Sony production support tools. This gives you access to cloud services like Master Cut (Beta), which uses camera metadata and cloud AI to efficiently create rough movie edits, saving you valuable time. Or use Ci Media Cloud to make team collaboration on production simpler and smoother.
Reducing our environmental footprint
From packaging to materials used for the camera and supplied wind screen, we have launched several initiatives to reduce our environment footprint.
Enhanced accessibility with screen reader
The screen reader function enables text on menu screens to be read aloud. It’s easy to activate by navigating to the [Setup] tab and turning the [Screen Reader] function ON. Screen reader volume can be adjusted via the [Sound Options] settings.