Full Specifications & Features
Full Specifications & Features
- Sensor Type
- 1/2.3 type (7.82mm) Exmor R CMOS sensor
- Number of Pixels (Effective)
- Lens type
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* Lens
- F-number (Maximum Aperture)
- F3.5 (W) - 6.4 (T)
- Focal length (f=)
- f=4.1-123 mm
- ANGLE OF VIEW (35MM FORMAT EQUIVALENT)
- Focus Range (From the Front of the Lens)
- 5 cm - Infinity (W), 2.5 m - Infinity (T)
- Optical Zoom
- Clear Image Zoom (Still Image)
- Still Image: 18M Approx. 2.0x / 10M Approx. 2.7x / 5.0M Approx. 3.8x / VGA Approx. 15x / 13M (16:9) Approx. 2.0x / 2.1M (16:9) Approx. 5.1x / Movie: Approx.60x
- Clear Image Zoom (Movie)
- Approx. 60x
- Digital Zoom (Still Image)
- Up to 120x (VGA)
- Screen Type
- 3.0'' (7.5 cm) (4:3) / 921,600 dots / Xtra Fine / TFT LCD
- Brightness Control
- Auto, Manual (5 steps)
- 0.2-type electronic viewfinder
- Image Processing Engine
- BIONZ X™
- STEADYSHOT (STILL IMAGE)
- Optical Stedyshot
- Focus Type
- Contrast detection AF
- Focus Mode
- Single-shot AF, Continuous AF, DMF, Manual Focus
- Light Metering Mode
- Multi Pattern;Center Weighted;Spot
- Exposure Compensation
- +/- 3.0 EV, 1/3 EV step
- ISO Sensitivity (Still Image)(Recommended Exposure Index)
- ISO 80-12800
- ISO Sensitivity (Movie)
- ISO 80-3200
- White Balance Modes
- Auto;Daylight;Shade;Cloudy;Incandescent;Fluor.: Cool White;Fluor.: Day White;Fluor.: Daylight;Flash;Custom;One Push, One Push Set
- Shutter Speed
- iAuto (4" - 1/2000) / Program Auto (1" - 1/2000) / Aperture Priority (8" - 1/2000) / Shutter Priority (30" - 1/2000) / Manual (30" - 1/2000)
- Shooting Mode
- Intelligent Auto;Superior Auto;Program Auto;Aperture Priority;Shutter Speed Priority;Manual Exposure;MR (Memory Recall) 1,2,3;Movie Mode (Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure);Panorama;Scene Selection
- Scene Selection
- Portrait;Advanced Sports Shooting;Landscape;Sunset;Night Scene;Handheld Twilight;Night Portrait;Anti Motion Blur;Pet Mode;Gourmet;Beach;Snow;Fireworks;Soft Skin;High Sensitivity
- Continuous Shooting Speed (maximum) (with max. recording pixels)
- 10 fps (for up to 10 shots)
- Off / 10sec. / 5sec. / 2sec. / 3 consecutive shots with 10sec. 5sec. or 2sec. delay selectable / 3 consecutive bracketing shots with 10sec. 5sec. or 2sec. delay selectable
- Panorama (Shooting)
- Intelligent Sweep Panorama (supports 360 format)
- Picture Effect
- Movie: Toy camera;Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono., Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Richtone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration / Still Image: Toy camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono., Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Richtone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration
- Flash Mode
- Auto / Flash On / Slow Synchro / Rear Sync / Flash Off
- Flash Type
- Built-in, manual pop-up
- Flash Range
- ISO Auto: Approx. 0.3m to 5.4m (W) / Approx. 2.5m to 3.0m (T)
- Compatible Recording Media
- Memory Stick Duo;Memory Stick PRO Duo;Memory Stick PRO Duo(High Speed);Memory Stick PROHG Duo;Memory Stick Micro;Memory Stick Micro (Mark2);SD Memory Card;SDHC Memory Card;SDXC Memory Card(UHS-I);microSD Memory Card;microSDHC Memory Card;microSDXC Memory Card
- Recording Format
- Still Image: JPEG(DCF Ver.2.0,Exif Ver.2.3,MRF Baseline complians);Movie: XAVC S, AVCHD format Ver.2.0 compatible, MP4
- Movie Recording Mode (NTSC)
- NTSC Mode: AVCHD (up to 1,920x1,080/60p at 28Mbps) / XAVC S (up to 1,920x1,080/60p at 50Mbps) / MP4 (up to 1,920x1,080/60fps at 28Mbps);PAL Mode: AVCHD (up to 1,920x1,080/50p at 28Mbps) / XAVC S (up to 1,920x1,080/50p at 50Mbps) / MP4 (up to 1,920x1,080/50fps at 28Mbps)
- Movie Recording Mode (PAL)
- PAL Mode: AVCHD (up to 1,920x1,080/50p at 28Mbps) / XAVC S (up to 1,920x1,080/50p at 50Mbps) / MP4 (up to 1,920x1,080/50fps at 28Mbps)
- Still Image Resolution
- 3:2 mode: 16M (4,896×3,264) / 8.9M (3,648×2,432) / 4.5M (2,592×1,728), 4:3 mode: 18M (4,896×3,672) / 10M (3,648×2,736) / 5M (2,592×1,944) / VGA, 16:9 mode: 13M (4,896×2,752) / 7.5M (3,648×2,056) / 2.1M (1,920×1,080), 1:1 mode: 13M (3,664×3,664) / 7.5M (2,736×2,736) / 3.7M (1,920×1,920), Sweep Panorama: Wide (7,152×1,080/4,912×1,920), Standard (4,912×1,080/3,424×1,920), 360(11,520×1,080)
- Input and Output Terminals
- Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0), Micro HDMI, Multi/Micro USB Terminal
- One-touch remote, One-touch sharing
- Wireless Capabilities
- NFC One-touch functionality, Wi-Fi
- Power Consumption (Camera Mode)
- Approx. 1.4W with LCD monitor and Approx. 1.5W with viewfinder (CIPA standard)
- BATTERY LIFE(STILL IMAGES)(CIPA)
- Up to 390 shots / 195 minutes
- Supplied Battery
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1
- Photo Creativity
- Playback Functions
- BRAVIA Sync (Control for HDMI);Auto Orientation;Slide Show;Forward/Rewind (Movie);Delete;Protect;Motion Shot Video;Beauty Effect;9/25-frame index view
Size & Weight
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D) (APPROX.)
- 102.0 x 58.1 x 35.4 mm
- WEIGHT (CIPA COMPLIANT)
- 218 g (Body only), 245 g (With battery and media)
What's In The Box
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1
- AC AdaptorAC-UB10C/UB10D
- Micro USB cable
- Wrist Strap
- Instruction Manual
- AC Power Code
30x zoom lens with ZEISS® quality built in
The result of over a century and a half of ZEISS expertise in high-precision optics is perfectly clear: this 24-720mm lens renders portrait, close-up, and landscape images in natural glory from every perspective, with vivid sharpness and contrast intact. ZEISS T* multi-layer anti-reflective coating effectively eliminates surface ghosting and flare.
Exmor R™ CMOS sensor for extra sensitivity
The more light is allowed to strike a sensor, the more brilliant a resulting image will look. So the Exmor R CMOS sensor with 18.2 effective megapixels employs back-illuminated design to let four times more light in than a more conventional sensor, is twice as sensitive to light, and even features Sony Column A/D Conversion technology to reduce image noise.
BIONZ X™ for more detail and less noise
To transform data from the Exmor R CMOS sensor into high-resolution images, the BIONZ X image processor integrates detail reproduction, diffraction-reducing and area-specific noise reduction technologies. This combination makes it possible to reproduce realistic images of truer colours and textures with exceptional precision in real time.
OLED Tru-Finder™ improves the view
The high-contrast OLED Tru-Finder is far brighter than more conventional electronic viewfinders; now features even more compact dimensions; displays real-time preview and various shooting information, so that what you see onscreen is exactly what you'll get in your shot; and is retractable for portability, safety and practicality.
180-degree tiltable LCD monitor for easy framing
The high-resolution LCD on the camera back can be tilted up to 180 degrees. So when you're in front of the camera, you can easily view the LCD to check the framing before you shoot a selfie, for example. This flexibility also lets you comfortably maintain stress-free posture while monitoring a scene that you want to shoot from a low angle.
One-touch remote and one-touch sharing
One-touch remote lets you use your smartphone or tablet as a viewfinder and remote control for a digital camera, and one-touch sharing lets you transfer your photos and videos from your camera. Either way, by installing Imaging Edge Mobile app to your NFC-enabled Android smartphone or tablet, you can avoid complex set-up sequences and establish wireless connection simply by touching your device to the camera. You are now ready to control your camera from your smartphone to take a photo from a previously out-of-reach spot, or simply be in your own group shot, as well as transfer them instantly to your smartphone for sharing on SNS. No NFC? No problem. You can also pair the devices manually.
More flexible movie formats
In addition to high definition AVCHD format, the camera can capture movies detailing extra-smooth action and high-quality sound with great fidelity to the original sources with XAVC S format.
GPS charts your course
The built-in GPS geotags photos and movies, so you can track your trip's shooting locations precisely.
Control ring and grip take hold
For fuller-scale operability, you can assign frequently used manual focus, step zoom, quick zoom and other functions to the control ring around the circumference of the lens in front, then access and use those functions instantly as needed when shooting. Moreover, the camera grip has been ergonomically designed for optimal handling stability at all times.
Intelligent Active Mode keeps blur away
Have no fear of handheld movie shooting. Intelligent Active Mode, featuring Sony's advanced frame-analysis technology and 5-axis image stabilisation, compensates for camera shake. This mode reduces the blurriness that tends to occur in images when shooting handheld or shooting while chasing a subject in action.
P/A/S/M modes for exposure as you like it
Put your creative intentions in motion with Programmed AE (P)/Aperture priority (A)/Shutter-speed priority (S)/Manual (M) exposure modes. These modes provide you with all the flexibility that you need to manually control exposure and adjust background blur in order to capture the image that you're looking for.
Customisable settings for personal command
Assign frequently used functions (Focus mode, White Balance, Picture Effect, etc.) to customisable buttons and keys for easier, quicker access to such functions while shooting. For example, you can assign 12 functions to the Function button, then press it, choose a function, and adjust function parameters via the control ring or rear control wheel.
Extra-speedy & precise Fast Intelligent AF
An improved spatial object detection algorithm realises a more optimal and accurate lens drive to make AF even faster, for capturing more fleeting moments with ease.
Digital level gauge for even framing
The camera's digital level gauge uses easy-to-read graphics to indicate clearly whether the camera is level and enables fine adjustment of horizontal alignment during shooting. It's useful for avoiding the occurrence of camera roll, to help ensure that your shots look steady and well-framed.
PlayMemories Camera Apps add personality
Enhance your creative expression with PlayMemories Camera Apps, offering a growing range of enjoyable applications that are easy to download. Not only do these apps give you greater functionality — they are the ultimate means of personalising your camera to fulfill your photographic aims. Note: Services availability depends on region.
Works with iMovie and Final Cut Pro X
This product is compatible with Final Cut Pro X and iMovie.