VAIO International Repair Service
Get a free hardware repair for your registered VAIO notebook ( applicable models ) while you are travelling outside Europe by calling the ( telephone number ) that corresponds with the area ( designated countries ) you are staying in.
Frequently Asked Questions
We recommend that you register as soon as possible. We strongly advise that you register your VAIO notebook before you travel abroad, to avoid unnecessary delays.
If you are residing in Europe:
- Support within Europe can be organized by contacting VAIO-Link
If you are travelling outside Europe:
Please call the telephone number that corresponds with the area you are staying in.
The operator will validate your entitlement to the VAIO International Repair Service.
NOTE: If your personal record does not match the serial number of your VAIO notebook, or if the call is received after the warranty period of your VAIO Notebook has expired, you will not be entitled to VAIO International Repair Service.
The operator will evaluate the condition of your VAIO notebook. If a repair is required, the operator will provide instructions for VAIO International Repair Service arrangements in accordance with local service guidelines.
- In case of a pick-up Service: The operator will make arrangements with a local service facility.
- In case of a personal delivery: You will need to take your VAIO notebook to the local Sony service centre nominated to you by the operator.
Make sure that:
- The contents of your hard drive are backed up (including all data stored and software installed).
- External peripherals such as DVD/CD-ROM drives must be detached from the computer.
- You can only use couriers nominated by Sony to ship your VAIO notebook to a local service facility.
Your VAIO Notebook problem will be diagnosed, and repaired accordingly. The Local service centre will contact you once the repair has been finalized. Please bear in mind that it may not be possible to legally ship some replacement parts across different service regions. In case such a part needs replacement, you will have to contact the VAIO notebook's region of origin.
A courier will deliver your repaired VAIO notebook to your designated location, or you can collect your notebook from the local service centre yourself. As your VAIO notebook will be repaired in a different service region from your own, this may obviously affect delivery of spare parts. The repair centre will only ship within the local region, so please allow a reasonable amount of time for your VAIO notebook to be repaired. The local service centre will be able to provide you with more detailed information on the expected timeframe for completing the repairs.
|United States||+1 888 476 6972||24 hours x 7days|
|Canada||+1 888 476 6972||24 hours x 7days|
|South Africa||+27 (0) 11 690 3555||Mon-Thu 08:15-16:45 |
|Australia||+61 1300 13 7669||Mon-Fri 9:00 - 18:00|
(Eastern Standard Time)
|New Zealand||0800 766 969||Mon-Fri 8:30 - 17:00|
|Singapore||+65 6473 6500||Mon-Fri 9:00 - 18:00|
|Thailand||+66 (0)2 715 6111||Mon-Sat 9:00 - 17:30|
|Hong-Kong||+852 2389 3202||Mon-Sun 9:00 - 23:00|
|Malaysia||+60 3 2295 0600||Mon-Fri 8:30 - 19:30|
|India||+91 11 2699 1205 / 1800-103-7799||Mon-Sun 9:00-18:00|
|Korea||+82 (0) 2 3273 2000||Mon-Sat 9:00 - 18:00|
|Taiwan||+886 (0) 2 4499 111||Mon-Fri 9:00 - 20:00|
Sat 9:00 - 17:00
|Japan||+81(0)466 30 3047||Mon-Fri 10:00 - 17:00|
- Cosmetic damage.
- Damage due to:
- Accident, misuse, abuse, negligence or unauthorized modifications to the VAIO notebook.
- Improper operation or maintenance of the VAIO notebook.
- Connection to a power supply of incorrect voltage.
- Dropping or hitting the product.
- Acts of God.
- Attempted repairs by any party other than a Sony authorized personal computer service facility.
- Malfunction as a result using the VAIO notebook in conjunction with third-party accessories,products or ancillary or peripheral equipment.
Terms and Conditions
Sony will not compensate you for damage caused to any items or persons when your VAIO notebook is used in an environment that does not meet the specifications for use of the VAIO notebook. In such a case, you will have to bear the repair costs of any damage to your VAIO notebook yourself.