Improves the Walkman playback operation
Relevant ProductsThis information is for the following models:
- NW-A35 / NW-A35HN / NW-A36HN / NW-A37HN
About this download
- Name: Firmware update 1.01 for NW-A35 / NW-A35HN / NW-A36HN / NW-A37HN (Windows)
- Date released: 10-11-2016
- Do I need to download it? This update is not necessary if your Walkman has already been updated to firmware version 1.01 by the automatic firmware update function.
If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of firmware you have:
- Tap the [Options/Settings] icon, in the bottom right corner of the screen
- Select the [Settings] menu
- Scroll until the bottom and choose the [Unit Information] menu Confirm the Model number and firmware version
- Benefits and improvements:
- Improves overall operation and stability
The latest version of the firmware update is compatible with most commonly used versions of Microsoft Windows:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows Vista (Service Pack 2 or later)
Note: [Compatibility mode] for Windows XP (included with Windows Vista and Windows 7) is not supported.
After updating, the firmware cannot be reverted to an earlier version.
Please transfer all data from the unit to the computer, since data which remains on the unit may be lost when upgrading.
We cannot guarantee tracks and data will not be damaged or deleted when performing this update.
When upgrading, the unit needs to have free space of about 200 MB. Please confirm the amount of free space is sufficient.
If there is not enough free space in the built-in flash memory, transfer any unnecessary data back to the computer to increase free space.
Install the software
Make sure to logon as Administrator to your computer
If you are Windows 10 user, Windows 8 user, Windows 7 user or Windows Vista user, a “Windows needs your permission to continue” message appears in the User Account Control dialog box. Click [Continue] to proceed, and follow the announcements.
- The update program download is started by clicking on the “Download” button at the bottom of this announcement.
- After completion of the download, connect your Walkman to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
- Quit all software running on your computer
- Double click the saved file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Please do not disconnect the unit from the computer during the upgrade.
- When the message indicating the upgrade is complete is displayed, click on [Finish].
After the update, please confirm the new version has been installed successfully by following the steps in the [Do I need to download it?] section at the top of this page.
If the Firmware version shown is “1.01”, the upgrade was successful.