Sony Original Guarantee
Returns & Recycling
Ways to Pay
α6000 E-mount camera with APS-C Sensor
World's fastest autofocus.
Sony’s latest 24.3MP Exmor™ APS HD CMOS sensor; advanced Fast Hybrid Autofocus system; SVGA Tru-Finder.
Sony Original Guarantee
Returns & Recycling
Ways to Pay
You may also like...
24.3-megapixel APS-C image sensor
Create images of astounding beauty that surpass your expectations with Sony’s newly developed 24.3-effective- megapixel APS-C image sensor. The same size as found in most DSLRs, this sophisticated sensor offers high sensitivity in dimly lit environments and strikingly attractive foreground and background defocusing. You’ll enjoy the increased light collecting efficiency of a gapless on-chip lens structure, extremely low noise throughout a wide sensitivity range of ISO 100 to 25600, and superb corner-to-corner image quality with lifelike color, supreme detail and smooth tonal gradations that reveal every nuance of your scene.
BIONZ X™ image processing engine
Astonishingly fast, Sony’s sophisticated BIONZ X™ image processing engine reproduces textures and details in real time as seen by the naked eye. The resulting images are remarkably realistic with especially rich tonal gradations and a natural three-dimensional appearance. Whether shooting still images or movies, visual noise is nearly imperceptible, thanks to further advanced area-specific noise reduction. Detail reproduction technology delivers more finely detailed textures while diffraction-reducing technology optimizes the performance of any lens you mount to enable advances such as finer details at small aperture settings.
Full HD movies
Press the MOVIE button to start recording beautiful movies that are notable for their sharpness and lack of visual “noise”—in your choice of 60p/50p, 60i/50i or 24p/25p*. New improved Fast Hybrid AF provides remarkably fast and accurate autofocusing and tracking while shooting movies. You can also use P/A/S/M modes to achieve maximum control over how the image looks, and zoom with extra clarity, courtesy of Clear Image Zoom. *NTSC/PAL
The world’s fastest* AF performance
Capture every subject clearly with unparalleled precision, at record speed, thanks to Sony’s newly advanced Fast Hybrid AF with vastly improved phase-detection and contrast-detection capabilities. Faster data reading from the image sensor, higher-speed BIONZ X™ data processing, more advanced AF algorithms and optimized control of the lens drive delivers approximately 35% faster performance than in previous systems. *Among interchangeable-lens digital cameras equipped with an APS-C image sensor as of February 12, 2014, based on Sony research. Measured using internal methods with an E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS IS lens mounted. CIPA guideline compliant.
179 AF points over nearly the entire screen
In addition to 25 higher-speed, higher-precision contrast-detection AF (Fast Intelligent AF) points, the improved Fast Hybrid AF system features 179 extremely accurate phase-detection AF points that cover nearly the entire image area. They permit enhanced subject tracking plus the capture of fast-moving subjects anywhere on the screen, as well as improved scene recognition and subject size detection.
11 fps continuous shooting with AF tracking
When your subject is moving fast, 11 fps continuous shooting with superior AF tracking performance ensures you capture the decisive moment. This feature makes the most of the superb tracking performance of Sony’s wide-area 179 phase-detection AF points to accurately track your subject anywhere on the screen.
Even when capturing a subject partially turned away from the camera with a shallow depth of field, the face is sharply focused thanks to extremely accurate Eye AF. A green frame appears over the prioritized eye when focus has been achieved.
Improved Lock-on AF
Now more accurate than ever, due to advances in phase-detection AF, Lock-on AF enhances tracking of moving subjects by adjusting target frame size to match subject characteristics and ensuring usage of the optimal AF point at all times.
Matching the focus mode to the subject assures super-sharp results. The 6000 is the first E-mount camera to offer AF-A, and displays the active AF points even in the AF-C mode so you can easily check if you are focusing on the intended subject.
High-resolution OLED Tru-Finder™
View every scene clearly and naturally on the bright and accurate OLED Tru-Finder™ viewfinder, which offers 100% frame coverage. The new optical system with four double aspherical lenses provides a wide viewing angle of approximately 33° and clear visibility from corner to corner. Clear details, rich tonal gradation, and high contrast are yours in both dark and light environments, thanks to an advanced OLED design that lets you more faithfully preview defocusing, exposure, and other effects. You can also fine-tune the focus by taking advantage of MF Assist and a helpful Peaking function, as well as adjust brightness in five steps to match the shooting environment.
Swift, intuitive operation
Controls are refined for intuitive DSLR-style operation while viewing scenes through the viewfinder. The mode dial enables quick selection of shooting modes with your thumb, while the control dial and control wheel make it easy to set various parameters.
Button customization lets you shoot just the way you like for greater speed and convenience. You can assign any of 47 functions* to any of 7 buttons (including 2 dedicated custom buttons), and assign up to 12 functions to the Fn button for quick access. *Some functions can only be assigned to certain buttons.
Tiltable 3” LCD screen
Shooting comfort is enhanced by a 3” LCD screen that smoothly tilts to accommodate everything from low to high-angle shooting. This tilting flexibility combines with the camera’s compact mobility to greatly expand your shooting options.
The User Interface takes on many of the features of A-mount cameras to enable smooth, personalized operation. Quick Navi Pro displays all major shooting options for quick confirmation and adjustment. The Fn button also enables swift access to preferred features.
One-touch remote and one-touch sharing
One-touch remote lets you use your smartphone or tablet as a viewfinder and remote control for a digital camera, and one-touch sharing lets you transfer your photos and videos from your camera. Either way, by installing Imaging Edge Mobile
app to your NFC-enabled Android smartphone or tablet, you can avoid complex set-up sequences and establish wireless connection simply by touching your device to the camera. You are now ready to control your camera from your smartphone to take a photo from a previously out-of-reach spot, or simply be in your own group shot, as well as transfer them instantly to your smartphone for sharing on SNS. No NFC? No problem. You can also pair the devices manually.
Capture One (for Sony)
Capture One Express (for Sony) is a free award-winning image editing software that provides high-end image quality RAW development, easy management of your image files, and powerful editing tools. Capture One Pro (for Sony) can be bought for even more editing tools and tethered shooting capability.
Works with iMovie and Final Cut Pro X
This product is compatible with Final Cut Pro X and iMovie.
Imaging Edge™ Remote, Viewer, and Edit
Elevate your photography with Imaging Edge desktop applications. Use "Remote" to remotely control shooting; "Viewer" to quickly preview, rate, and select photos from large image libraries; and "Edit" to develop RAW data into high-quality photos for delivery. Get the best from Sony RAW files, and manage your productions more efficiently.
- Sony E-mount lenses
- Sony E-mount lenses
- Approx. 24.7 megapixels
- Charge protection coating on Optical Filter and ultrasonic vibration mechanism
- APS-C type (23.5 x 15.6mm)
- Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level (1-5)), Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1-6 EV, 1.0 EV step))
- JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box(1-6), (Contrast (-3 to +3 steps), Saturation (-3 to +3 steps), Sharpness (-3 to +3 steps))
- L: 6000 x 3376(20M),M: 4240 x 2400(10M),S: 3008 x 1688(5.1M)
- L: 6000 x 4000(24M),M: 4240 x 2832(12M),S: 3008 x 2000(6.0M)
- Posterization (Color), Posterization (B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R/G/B/Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera (Normal/Cool/Warm/Green/Magenta), Soft High-key , Soft Focus(High/Mid/Low), HDR Painting(High/Mid/Low), Rich-tone Monochrome, Miniature(Auto/Top/Middle(H)/Bottom/Right/Middle(V)/Left), Watercolor, Illustration(High/Mid/ Low)
- Wide: horizontal 12,416 x 1,856 (23M), vertical 5,536 x 2,160 (12M), Standard: horizontal 8,192 x 1,856 (15M), vertical 3,872 x 2,160 (8.4M)
- AVCHD: Dolby Digital (AC-3) 2ch, Dolby Digital Stereo Creator, MP4: MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch
- AVCHD 2.0 / MP4
- AVCHD: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- AF Tracking Duration, AF Drive Speed, Auto Slow Shutter, HDMI Info. Display
- Memory Stick PRO Duo™, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo™, Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, SD, SDHC, SDXC memory cards
- Long exposure NR:available of shutter speeds longer than 1 sec.
- Auto/ ISO 100 to 51200
- Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent (Warm White,Cool White,Day White,Daylight), Flash, Underwater/ colour Temperature (2500 to 9900K) & colour filter (G7 to M7(15-step), A7 to B7(15-step)),Custom
G7 to M7, 15-step A7 to B7, 15-step
- 3 frames, H/L selectable
- Built-in flash
- AF-A (Automatic AF), AF-S (Single-shot AF), AF-C ( Continuous AF), DMF (Direct Manual Focus), Manual Focus
- Approx. 0.3 - approx. 3.0m (with E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached)
- Fast Hybrid AF(phase-detection AF/contrast-detection AF)
- 179 points (phase-detection AF) / 25 points (conotrast-detection AF)
- Predictive control, Focus lock, Eye-Start AF (only with LA-EA2 or LA-EA4 attached(Sold separately))
- EV0 to EV20 (ISO100 equivalent with F2.8 lens attached)
- "Exmor™" APS HD CMOS sensor
- Locked when shutter button is pressed halfway. (Auto/On/Off selectable)
- Bracket: Cont./Bracket: Single, With 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV, 2/3 EV, 1.0 EV, 2.0 EV, 3.0 EV increments, 3/5 frames (1.0 EV, 2.0 EV, 3.0 EV : only 3 frames) selectable
- +/- 5.0EV(1/3 EV, 1/2 EV steps selectable)
- EV0 to EV20 (at ISO100 equivalent with F2.8 lens attached)
- Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot
- "Exmor™" APS HD CMOS sensor
- iAUTO, Superior Auto, Programmed AE, Aperture priority, Shutter-speed priority, Manual, Movie (Programmed AE / Aperture priority / Shutter-speed priority / Manual ), Sweep Panorama, Scene Selection
- 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Portrait, Sports Action, Macro, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Hand-held Twilight, Night Portrait, Anti Motion Blur
- ISO 100–25600
- -4.0 to +3.0m
style name="sup" -1 /style
- Auto/Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2)
- Graphic Display, Display All Info., No Disp. Info., Histogram
- Manual (5 steps)
- Approx. 23mm from the eyepiece lens, 21.4mm from the eyepiece frame at -1m
style name="sup" -1 /style (CIPA standard)
- 1 440 000 dots
- Approx. 1.07x (35mm camera equivalent: Approx. 0.70x) with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m
style name="sup" -1 /style
- 0.39"-type electronic viewfinder (color)
- Up by approx. 90 degrees, Down by approx. 45 degrees
- Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2), Sunny Weather mode
- Yes (5.9x, 11.7x)
- Yes (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, colour: White/Red/Yellow)
- 921,600 dots
- 3.0" wide type TFT LCD
- Approx. 2x
- On/On (Regist. Faces)/Off, Face registeration, Face selection, Max. number of detectable 8,
- Peripheral Shading, Chromatic Aberration, Distortion
- BIONZ X™
- Yes (selectable from 3 steps)
- Services vary by country.
- Approx. 4x
- L:Approx. 4x;M:Approx. 5.7x;S:Approx. 8x
- M:Approx. 1.4x
- Yes (On/Off)
- 1/160 sec.
- Still images:1/4000 to 30 sec, Bulb, Movies: 1/4000 to 1/4(1/3 steps) up to 1/50 in AUTO mode (up to 1/25 in Auto slow shutter mode)
- Electronically-controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane type
- Not supported (image stabilization supported on lens)
- +/- 3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- Pre-flash TTL
- Sony α System Flash compatible with Multi Interface Shoe, attach the shoe adaptor for flash compatible with Auto-lock accessory shoe
- Flash Off, Autoflash, Fill-flash, Slow Sync., Rear Sync, Red-eye reduction (on/off selectable), Hi-speed sync, Wireless control
- 11 fps (in High Continuous shooting)
- Single, Continuous, Self-timer (10/2 sec delay selectable), Self-timer (Cont.) (with 10 sec delay 3/5 exposures selectable), Bracket: Cont./ Single, White Balance bracket, DRO bracket
- Single (with or without shooting information), RGB histogram & highlight/shadow warning), 12/30-frame index view, Enlarged display mode (L: 16.7x, M: 11.8x, S: 8.3x, Panorama (Standard): 19.2x, Panorama (Wide): 29.1x), Image orientation (Manual/Off selectable), Slideshow, Panorama scrolling, Folder selection (Date/Still/MP4/VCHD), Forward/Rewind (Movie), Delete, Protect, Auto Review (10/5/2 sec,Off)
- HDMI micro connector (Type-D)
- Multi/Micro USB Terminal
- Remote Control (Sold Separately), PC Remote
- Mass-storage, MTP, PC remote
- One-touch remote, One-touch sharing
- Built-in stereo microphone
- Exif Print, Print Image Matching III, DPOF setting
- Actual Recording: Approx. 60 min (Viewfinder) / Approx. 60 min (LCD monitor), Continuous Recording: Approx. 90 min (Viewfinder) / Approx. 90 min (LCD monitor)
- AC Adaptor AC-PW20 (sold separately)
- NP-FW50 W-series Rechargeable Battery Pack
- Up to 360 shots
- 285 g (Body Only) / 344 g (With battery and media)
- 120 x 66.9 x 45.1 mm
- Windows Vista SP2 (Starter Edition is not supported)