Just imagine it. All day on a shoot and then you accidentally erase all your data! It’s a frightening scenario but all is not lost with Sony. Send your disc or card to the unique Sony Recovery Service and we’ll do our best to save your shoot.
The boom in file based media has revolutionised our way of working and radically improved efficiency. But it has also highlighted how human error can lead to irreversible data loss.
As a world-leading media manufacturer with decades of experience, Sony takes its responsibility seriously by offering a unique Data Recovery Service for file based products*.
“We’ll do our best to recover unreadable or lost data even if the customer is at fault through incorrect use of media and hardware”. Kikuchi Hideki- Head of the European Customer Service.
How our Total Support service works***
- We conduct a detailed investigation and report on the causes of unreadable data
- We rescue lost data for professional “non-tape products”
- We help prevent recurring problems by communicating detailed information to the customer
- We educate customers on the best way to look after and handle their media to avoid data issues
- We provide free advice and skills to help professionals protect their content
Since file based media was launched in 2003, our customer service has had to deal with several cases of defective media. Accidental formatting has been the main cause of problems and our success rate in recovering data has been high**.
Want to benefit from our recovery service?
- Download the 'Quality Check Request Sheet'
- Fill in the form as precisely as possible (preferred language:English)
- Contact your local Sony representative or Professional Media Dealer and hand over the form and faulty media
*SxS Range of products, Professional disc, Mobile Storage Unit and Hard Disk Drive Unit.
**Rate of recovery success is above 90% for PFD
***This exclusive service is only available for Sony brand media