A big thank you to everyone who entered our 60-second Documentary Competition - you’ve proved that a whole lot can happen in one minute.
The official winner of our PXW-FS7 II Super35mm camera is Marcel Wachter for his brilliantly conceived and executed The Last Blacksmith. Watch the winning video.
Runner up is Hubert Napierała for his memorable story of happiness and friendship in Mia the Biker Dog.
Juan Carlos Fita Plannells is also commended for his compelling entry Red Gold.
Juan Carlos Fita Plannells was originally named the runner-up of the competition, but following a technical error in the system that was used to count the increase in likes for the entries submitted between 1st March (or the submission date) and 12th March, the shortlist had to be recalculated. Red Gold did not make it to the final shortlist but regardless judge Philip Bloom’s praise of this fantastic documentary stands, and Juan will retain his prize of a Sony A7S II full-frame camera.
Terms & Conditions
1. To enter the competition, please complete the competition registration form. You will then receive an email with the full details of how to enter. You must upload your film to YouTube, and write in the description “This is my entry for the Sony FS7 II competition. Find out more here: http://bit.ly/2jd4FO3.” In addition when uploading your video you must tag with the words ‘FS7 II competition’. Then to enter, go to the Sony competition entry form and provide us with a link to your video.
2. You must be aged 18 or over.
3. This competition is open to residents of, Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, FYRO Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and United Kingdom.
4. The competition is not open to employees of the Promoter, their family members, or anyone connected with the competition.
5. Entries can be made up until March 12th 2017 23:59 UK time. No entries will be accepted after this time. Promoter accepts no liability for any entries lost, delayed or damaged in transmission.
6. You are limited to one entry to this competition.
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any entry that does not comply with these terms and conditions, even after a video is submitted via the Sony competition entry form.
8. You warrant and represent that, in respect of your entry:
a) It does not exceed one minute in length and was shot for the purpose of entering this contest, fitting with the theme of “documentary”.
b) You are the sole owner and author of each video picture submission and own all rights to the images and footage;
c) Each person depicted in the entry has granted permission to be portrayed as shown;
d) It does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libellous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content;
e) It does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, and does not include trademarks owned by third parties; copyrighted materials owned by third parties; names, likenesses, voices or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures, living or dead.
9. You agree to fully indemnify the Promoter in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of your breaching any of the terms detailed in 8 a-e.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to remove entries that contain commercial content in conflict with the interests of the Promoter.
11. By entering this competition you hereby grant the Promoter a non-exclusive worldwide royalty free license to use, copy, modify or alter any materials submitted in connection with the competition.
12. The Promoter assumes no responsibility and is not liable for any image misuse. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the competition, and the Promoter assumes no responsibility for technical, hardware or software failure of any kind, for lost network connections, garbled computer transmissions, other problems or technical malfunctions with regard to the competition.
13. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, corruption, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
14. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, computer equipment, software, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the competition.
15. If for any reason an entry cannot be viewed or is not capable of opened as planned, including infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or technical failures, the Promoter assumes no responsibility.
16. The ten entries which receive the highest number of “Likes” on YouTube during the period 1st March 2017 to 12th March 2017 inclusive will be selected as the competition shortlist. Should any of the ten be considered in the view of the Promoter to not abide to the competition rules or guidelines, then the video with the next highest number of “Likes” will be selected instead.
17. The Promoter together with an independent judge will select, from the shortlist, one winning entry and one runner-up for the PXW-FS7 II Documentary Competition. Shortlisted videos will be judged on those that best tell a story.
18. The winner of the competition will win a Sony PXW-FS7M2K camera. The runner up will win a Sony α7S II camera (ILCE-7SM2).
19. In the event of a prize becoming unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equivalent value.
20. If no response is received from the winner and/or the runner-up to the notification of their win after 14 days, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner/runner-up.
21. The winner and runner-up of the competition will be announced during the Sony webinar on 22 March 2017. Details of winners will also be published here within 24 hours of the webinar announcement.
22. There are no cash or credit alternatives available.
23. The winner and runner-up agree to participate in related publicity and to the use of their names and likenesses and the winning images for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity across the World.