Sony’s A95L QD-OLED TV goes on sale early September, pre-orders available now
— The A95L is a high-end QD-OLED TV up to 200% brighter than its critically acclaimed predecessor A95K —
Sony Europe B.V. has announced that its new A95L TV will go on sale early September. The much-anticipated top-of-the-line television is available to pre-order now in select countries in Europe.
The A95L has the updated Cognitive Processor XRTM featuring the all new XR Clear Image technology, which improves noise reduction and clarity with motion, reducing blur and creating scenes bursting with action.
Additionally, the A95L offers Acoustic Center Sync, which synchronises the TV’s audio system with the centre channel of a compatible Sony soundbar turning it into the centre speaker for the ultimate, immersive at-home experience1. For consumers looking for an even more captivating sound experience, each model also works with Sony soundbars to offer 360 Spatial Sound Mapping which generates phantom speakers and sound field optimisation. The TV features Acoustic Surface Audio+™ with actuators that vibrate to produce sound from the entire screen, perfectly matching what’s on the screen.
The A95L line-up also allows gamers to take their PlayStation® 5 gaming to the next level with exclusive features, including Auto HDR Tone Mapping and Auto Genre Picture Mode, for optimised picture quality while gaming and streaming. Other features include an easy-to-use Game Menu where gamers can tailor their settings to their preferences, such as turning on or off VRR or Motion Blur Reduction with quick access. The Game Menu also allows users to increase the brightness in dark areas to easily spot objects and opponents with the Black Equalizer and can easily take aim on their opponents with six types of crosshairs. New this year is the ability to customise the size of the screen with the Screen Size feature to concentrate gaming with a smaller, focused screen2.
Additionally, Sony is keeping its commitment to decreasing plastic usage through its Road to Zero initiative. To reduce environmental impact, Sony is working on multiple aspects of the product life cycle, such as reduction of virgin plastic use, improvement of transportation efficiency, and reviewing energy consumption during use. Sony’s OLED TVs3 use SORPLAS™, Sony’s very own recycled plastic, for the rear cover4, the largest TV part by area, reducing overall virgin plastic use by approximately 60%. The new Eco Dashboard included on all 2023 models allows users to easily customise energy saving preferences and settings.
Sony’s A95L BRAVIA XR TV’s key features
BRAVIA XR A95L 4K HDR QD-OLED TV (77”, 65”, 55”):
- Intelligent and powerful TV processing: The Cognitive Processor XR replicates how we see the real world to deliver a picture with wide dynamic contrast, detailed blacks, high peak brightness, and natural colours.
- QD-OLED Screen: With a QD-OLED screen, enhanced by XR Triluminos Max technology, experience colour performance approx. 200% brighter than the previous year’s model (the A95K).
- Definitive contrast: Individually lit pixels produce pure black so movies, shows, and games burst to life on screen with extraordinary detail and depth.
- Google TV: See 700,000+ movies and TV episodes, all in one place. Google TV brings everyone’s favourite content from across apps and subscriptions and organises them. Searching is easy – just ask Google. Try saying, “Hey Google, find action movies” to search across apps.5
- Enjoy movies included with BRAVIA CORE: Enjoy streaming high-quality 4K UHD and IMAX® Enhanced6 movies included with the BRAVIA CORE app, exclusively on select Sony TVs.7
- Perfect for PlayStation® 5: Take PlayStation® 5 gaming to the next level with exclusive features: Auto HDR Tone Mapping and Auto Genre Picture Mode, for optimised picture quality while gaming and streaming.8
- All game settings in one place: With Game Menu, quickly manage game picture settings and assist functions in a single convenient interface.
- HDMI 2.1 gaming: Get the advantage in high-performance gaming with HDMI 2.1 features: 4K/120, VRR, and ALLM.9
- Enhanced entertainment: Experience immersive and engaging cinematic content as the creator intended with support for Dolby Vision10, IMAX® Enhanced11, and Netflix Adaptive Calibrated Mode12.
- The screen is the speaker: With Acoustic Surface Audio+ and Dolby Atmos and DTS:X support, hear true immersive audio with actuators that vibrate to produce sound from the entire screen perfectly matching what’s on the screen.
- More clarity, less noise: Bring back lost texture and detail, with reduced noise and blur, and see all HD and digital content upscaled to near-4K resolution with XR 4K Upscaling and XR Clear Image technologies.
- Pairs perfectly with Sony soundbars: Acoustic Center Sync synchronises the TV speakers with select Sony soundbars to reinforce the centre speaker channel for clearer, fuller dialogue and more immersive sound.13
- Enhanced TV experience with BRAVIA CAM: Video chat with friends and family and allow BRAVIA CAM to automatically adjust picture and sound according to the room environment and seating location.
- All Eco settings in one place: The Eco Dashboard keeps all user settings in one place, making it easier to change them individually or in one go. With the Easy Setup option, users can optimise settings for their viewing environment.
- Ultra-slim with a smooth aluminium Seamless Edge Bezel, the premium, signature design will feel at home within any interior.
- The 3-way aluminium TV stand14 offers ultimate convenience; choose the standard position for larger surfaces, the narrow position if your furniture is smaller, or the soundbar position if you want to slide your soundbar neatly underneath.
New channel editing app15
Sony’s new tool makes personalising the channel order on the TV much easier. When downloaded to an Android phone, you can view and change the order of the channels by simply dragging and dropping them or searching for the channel and entering its desired number.
For pricing and pre-order availability, please visit:
For more information on all Sony televisions, please visit: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/tv/t/televisions.
For more information on all Sony soundbars, please visit: https://www.sony.co.uk/home-theatre-sound-bars
1 Compatible soundbars: HT-A9, HT-A7000, HT-A5000, HT-A3000
2 Available via a future firmware update.
3 A95L/A90K/A80L series. The product name varies depending on the country of sale, and the products with 60% reduction are only available with certain models and in certain regions
4 SORPLAS™ may not be used for parts depending on the time of production
6 IMAX® Enhanced content enables a full IMAX® Enhanced experience on IMAX® Enhanced Certified BRAVIA TV with compatible streaming services such as BRAVIA CORE, or compatible content devices such as Blu-ray players, connected via HDMI input (sold separately).
7 Purchase an eligible TV and register for BRAVIA CORE™ by February 23, 2026 to be eligible for promotion offers. Available movies subject to change. Terms and conditions apply, for full details see https://www.sony.net/bravia-core. Network services, content, and operating system and software of product may be subject to separate or third-party terms and conditions and changed, interrupted, or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration, and credit card information.
8 To activate Auto HDR Tone Mapping, must enable feature when pairing TV and PS5 for the first time; or will need to disconnect TV and PS5, perform factory reset on PS5 and enable the feature during initial setup. Auto Genre Picture Mode works when Auto Picture Mode on the TV is set to ON. Both features are supported only when PS5 and TV are directly connected. Applicable models: All BRAVIA XR models, X85L.
9 Game title supporting VRR and/or 4K/120fps required. VRR results may vary depending on the game you’re playing. If enabling VRR results in any unexpected visual effects, you can turn it off at any time.
10 Dolby Vision and Atmos content compatible with streaming services or compatible content device connected via HDMI input (sold separately).
11 IMAX® Enhanced content enables a full IMAX® Enhanced experience on IMAX® Enhanced Certified BRAVIA TV with compatible streaming services such as BRAVIA CORE, or compatible content devices such as Blu-ray players, connected via HDMI input (sold separately).
12 Netflix streaming membership required. 4K Ultra HD availability subject to your Netflix subscription plan, internet service, device capabilities, and content availability. www.netflix.com/termsofuse
13 Compatible soundbars: HT-A9, HT-A7000, HT-A5000, HT-A3000
14 3-way aluminium stand included with the 77” model. The 65” and 55” models include a 2-way stand
15 Supported countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom