NOTE: If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product.
Turn on the computer.
- If you have not done so previously, install the supplied Picture Motion Browser (PMB) software from the supplied CD onto the computer.
IMPORTANT: The PMB software on the supplied CD is required to play back the MP4 video files recorded with the camera.
- Turn on the camera.
- Ensure the USB Connect setting in the camera menu is set to Mass Storage.
- Ensure the recording media is inserted in the camera.
NOTE: If the video or pictures you want to copy are on the internal memory of the camera, you can skip this step.
- Connect the USB cable to the camera.
- Connect the other end of the USB cable to the computer.
- If the USB drivers for the camera have not yet been installed, the operating system will install them at this time.
- A PMBPORTABLE window appears on the computer screen.
- A couple of Removable Disk windows may open. These windows can be closed.
- In the PMBPORTABLE window, under Install or run program, click PMB Portable.
- In the PMB Portable window, click the Import media files from the camera to Picture Motion Browser on the computer icon.
- In the Import Media Files window, next to Drive:, click the down arrow and select the appropriate Memory Stick or Removable Disc drive that represents the camera.
IMPORTANT: Do not select PMBPORTABLE. This is a separate drive in the camera only used for storing the built-in PMB Portable software that is being used to transfer the video and pictures.
- Click the IMPORT button.
NOTE: If a message displays that says No new media files were found, you may have selected the wrong drive in step 10. Click the OK button to acknowledge the message and unplug the USB cable from the computer. Afterwards, repeat steps 7 through 11, but this time select a different drive in step 10.
- In the PMB window, click the OK button.
- In the PMB Content Analyzer window, click the Exit button after the video and pictures are finished being analyzed by the software.