The fact that something is wrong with the video and/or sound of your TV can have many different reasons. Please select the option below that best describes your problem.
Note: In case your issue is not mentioned at all, please try to find an answer via a keyword search on the Sony Support website before contacting us. Select Support > Type model name under “Find Support” > Frequently Asked Questions > Type keyword.
Select the option below that best describes your issue
POWER ON/OFF issue, regardless of the input used.
- TV does not start or reboots continuously
- Red LED is blinking
- Remote commander is not responding
GENERAL AUDIO/VIDEO issue = Image or sound quality problem on ALL inputs, for example:
- Horizontal and vertical lines/bars
- Double image, irregular shapes, spots, pixels visible
- Completely black screen
- Blurred picture
TV CHANNEL / SIGNAL RECEPTION issue = All or very specific TV channels/services are missing or suffering from quality loss
- Choppy video, audio sync issue, EPG or subtitle issue
- Problems with Set-Top Box or smartcard
- DVB-T, DVB-C, DVB-S signal reception and antenna issues
- Tuning not possible
EXTERNAL DEVICE (e.g. DVD or BD Player, Hard Disk Drive, PC, USB stick) issue = A problem with image or sound only exists when TV is connected to an external device
- Affected devices include: DVD or BD Player, HDD drive, USB stick, external speakers connected via HDMI, USB, Scart...
NETWORK issue = Problem connecting to the Internet or issue with screen mirroring, for example:
- Wi-Fi connection problems
- Issue with Wi-Fi Direct, MHL, NFC, home network, BIV, apps, Media Remote
ERROR code = Error message or error code (e.g. 5006) being displayed
There may be many different reasons why you cannot correctly display content via home network.
NOTE: On the TV models Other than Android TV™, home network is as known as DLNA.