IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The front LED of your TV can change colour depending on certain activities or the status of your television. This article contains the colour code meanings and the potential troubleshooting steps you can take when your TV LED is red and blinking, which is a serious sign that your TV is not doing great.
What do the different colours of the TV front LED light mean?
The LED colour conveys a certain status or TV activity. If you notice a blinking red LED, please skip to the section called "My TV LED is red and is blinking multiple times".
Can I turn off the LED in front of the TV?
Yes, but it's not advisable. Without the LED colours, you can't tell the status of your TV. You can turn off the LED light on the front of your TV by setting the illumination LED to Off. Follow the steps according to your TV type.
My TV LED is red and blinks multiple times
Unfortunately, a red blinking LED is not a good sign. There are several steps you can undertake to solve this problem. Perform each step before moving on to the next one.
- If the TV blinks seven times, check if it's not overheating: ensure there is ample space behind the TV to provide ventilation. For any other number of blinks, continue to step two.
- Turn the TV OFF and ON again by using the TV remote control or the power button located on the TV. Please take this opportunity to disconnect all devices connected to your TV to ensure they're not causing the issue.
- Unplug your TV and leave it unplugged for two minutes. (This is called a power cycle).
- If possible, update the TV software to the latest version.
- Perform a factory reset, or a forced factory data reset. You can perform a factory reset via the settings menu. A forced factory data reset is done by using the buttons on the TV and is used when you can't access the settings menu.
This video applies to Google TV but can also apply to Android TVs. Please visit our reset article for more information on how to perform a factory reset or a forced factory reset.
If these steps did not improve the situation, we kindly ask you to contact customer support.