IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If the on-screen keyboard does not appear on the TV screen, even after selecting the text input box, perform the following workarounds in numerical order.
If the symptom(s) persists, we recommend using the next workaround in the list. Check if the on-screen keyboard appears after completing either of the steps:
Remove all wireless devices connected to the TV via USB
If you have a wireless mouse receiver connected to the TV, it may recognise the receiver as a USB keyboard, prompting the television to not display the on-screen keyboard.
To resolve this issue, remove the wireless mouse receiver from the TV.
Example of a wireless mouse receiver
Use the Leanback Keyboard
If the on-screen keyboard doesn't appear on the TV screen, select the Leanback Keyboard in the Settings menu:
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- Select keyboard in the System Preferences category.
- Select Leanback Keyboard in Current keyboard.
Uninstall Google Keyboard updates
If Leanback keyboard option is not available, perform the following to revert the Google Keyboard to its default condition:
- Uninstall updates from the Google Play store.
- Open the Google Play store.
- Select My apps.
- Under Recently Updated select Gboard - the Google Keyboard.
- Select UNINSTALL UPDATES.
- Uninstall updates from the TV settings.
- Select Settings> Apps > Gboard > Uninstall updates.