IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Before you start
- Follow the steps in this article if your TV turns off and on, reboots or the standby light blinks eight times.
- If you see a different number of blinks than eight, visit this article.
Follow these steps
- Disconnect the TV from the network.
- If using a wired connection, disconnect the LAN cable.
- If using a wireless connection, turn off the router and the modem.
- If using a USB wireless LAN Adapter (UWA-BR100), disconnect the USB wireless LAN Adapter from the TV.
- Perform a power reset on the TV.
- Perform a factory reset.
- If the Reset message doesn't appear and the TV turns off and on or if the reset procedure does not start immediately after the picture or display information appears, the reset will not work properly. In this case, start the procedure again.
- The initial setup screen displays if the reset procedure is performed correctly.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Initial setup.
NOTE: During the Initial setup, skip Network setup and IR blaster setup.
- If the problem is not resolved by the steps above, perform a system software (firmware) update.
NOTE: For how to update, refer to the article: How do I perform a software update for my TV?.