WARNING FOR LCD AND PLASMA TELEVISIONS: This procedure will reset the video calibration settings of the TV. If you paid to have your TV screen specially calibrated, you might want to first try performing a power reset instead. Otherwise, you will lose any special calibration settings.
Important information before you start
- This solution applies to BRAVIA TVs other than Android TVs. For Android TVs, refer to: How to reset the Android TV to factory settings
Related Answer: How to check if your BRAVIA TV is an Android TV
- The supplied remote control is necessary to perform this procedure.
- If lights on the front of the TV are blinking or flashing, refer to: Red, green or orange lights are on or blinking on the TV.
How to reset your BRAVIA non-Android TV to its original factory settings
Select the status of your TV below. The operation procedure varies depending on the status of the TV.
- You can operate the Home menu screen with the remote control
- You cannot operate the Home menu screen with the remote control
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Customer Support.
- Select Factory Settings.
- Select OK.
- Unplug the TV power cord (cable) from the electrical outlet.
- Leave the TV unplugged for about one minute.
- Plug the power cord (cable) back into the electrical outlet.
- The TV should turn on automatically. If it doesn't, just turn it on.
- Wait about 40 seconds for the TV to completely start up.
- On the TV remote control, press and hold the [UP ARROW] button. Point the remote control to the front and centre of the television to make sure the infrared signal gets a good connection.
- At this point, the TV might restart.
- If the TV remains off after this operation, please check the following article: The supplied remote control will not operate the TV.
- The [POWER] button may be on the front, top or side of your TV, as shown in the image below. Some televisions have an Energy saving switch, so don't confuse that with the [POWER] button.
- While holding the [UP ARROW] button, press and release the [POWER] button on the TV set. Depending on the TV, [RESET] will appear for a moment on the lower left-hand corner of the TV.
- Release the [UP ARROW] button.
- The initial setup screen will display if the above procedures were done correctly.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
If the reset did not complete successfully, disconnect all devices from the TV and turn off or disable the network connection. Then repeat the steps.