- The television must have composite audio or monitor output jacks to complete this procedure. The headphone transmitter also can be connected to the AUDIO OUT jacks of a connected VCR. This may or may not be a satisfactory workaround as this connection is suitable mainly for those who want to use the headphones all the time.
- Before connecting, if the wireless headphones or speakers use rechargeable batteries, make sure to fully charge the batteries according to the instructions that came supplied with your headphones or speakers.
This solution explains how to connect to a television, but you can connect your headphones to many other devices. See illustration along with the steps below for proper connection to your device.
- On the back of the TV, connect one end of the audio cable to the AUDIO OUT or MONITOR OUT jack.
IMPORTANT: If you want to receive audio via the headphones while at the same time hearing audio from the television speakers, connect the headphones to your Cable Box/Satellite Box rather than your television. If you want to hear audio from a DVD player or similar device connected to your TV, connect the headphones to the audio out of your TV. You may need to enable the speaker setting on your TV to hear both sources at the same time. Please refer to the operating instructions of the TV if additional assistance is needed.
- If connecting to a MONITOR OUT jack, you may have the ability to have the speakers of the TV on and also hear the audio from the wireless headphones or speakers.
- If connecting to an AUDIO OUT jack, it may be necessary to disable the internal speakers of the TV prior to using the wireless headphones or speakers.
- Consult the instruction manual of the television for specific information.
- On the back of the transmitter, connect the other end of the audio cable to the AUDIO IN jack.
- On the back of the transmitter, connect the AC power adapter for the transmitter into the DC IN 9V jack.
- Plug the AC power adapter for the transmitter into an AC outlet.
- Adjust the television volume to the desired level.
- Make sure that the wireless headphones or speakers are powered on and that the volume is adjusted to the desired level.
NOTE: If model-specific information is needed about the features and capabilities of your TV, refer to the operating instructions that came supplied with the television.