For an optimal journey on the Sony Support website, it’s important to search for your specific product. Your product page is the best access point for loads of information.
Every TV model has an individual model name and serial number. There are three ways to find them:
Depending on whether your TV is an Android TV or not, the procedure slightly varies.
For Sony's Android TV (software version 3.843 or later)
This menu path is for our Android TVs installed with either the Nougat Operating System or higher:
- Press the Help button on the remote
- Select [System information]
- For Sony's Android TV (software version 3.533 or earlier)
- Press the HOME button on the remote and then select [Settings] > [TV] > [About] > [Device name] > [System information]
- This menu path is specifically for our first-generation Android TV line-up installed with the Marshmallow operating system
- We recommend installing the latest firmware for your TV
For non-Android smart TV:
- Press the HOME button on the remote
- Select [Settings] > [Customer Support]
- Your product name is mentioned in the top right-hand corner
If you look at the back of your TV, you will notice a small sticker in black and white, generally located in the left-hand corner or area of the TV.
You will find:
(1) The Model Name
(2) The 7-digit serial number (this number is also on the original box/packaging)
(3) The part number (this number is for internal purposes only)
In case you cannot access the TV settings menu, or your TV is wall-mounted so you can’t see your sticker, you can always check the original product packaging or the user manual.
(1) The Model Name
(2) The 7-digit serial number
Question: What does my model name mean?
Each model name is not a random sequence of numbers. The name contains certain information:
- The first part of the model name (before the hyphen) indicates the TV’s resolution: 2K (KDL) and 4K (KD).
- The numbers after the numbers after the hyphen indicates the screen size in inches
- The final sequence of letters and numbers conveys a certain production series. That’s more important for support and repair purposes
- The last letter can indicate a variance in the colour of the bezel and frame or stand
- If the letter starts with an "A" that means it is part of our OLED lineup
Things to keep in mind...
- When searching for general information on the support site, please use the model name
- Here are some examples of correct model names: KD-55X8507C, KDL-32EX710 and KD-55AG9
Blu-ray Disc Players and Home Cinema systems
Below are some examples of serial and model number locations on Blu-ray Disc Players and Home Cinema systems:
- Model name
- Serial number