Availability of subtitles when watching Netflix Internet videos depends on the version of the Netflix app ported to your device. In order to better understand the information in this article, determine the version of the Netflix app on your device .
If using Netflix version 3
- All Netflix movies come with Closed Captioning or Subtitles.
- Subtitle appearance is customisable (including font type, font size, font colour, etc.) by accessing your account on the Netflix web site. On your computer, log in into your Netflix account and access Your Account -> Subtitle appearance.
- Open the Netflix app.
- Select and begin playing a movie.
- Turn the closed caption (CC) or subtitle on or off by pressing the Subtitle or CC button on the remote or by pressing down arrow button twice on the remote.
- Select Audio & Subtitles.
- Select Subtitles.
If using Netflix version 2
- Not all Netflix movies come with Closed Captioning or Subtitles.
- Subtitle appearance is not customisable and comes in one font type, font size, font colour, etc.
During movie playback, subtitles or CC can be turned on or off by pressing the Subtitle or CC button on the remote. You can also change subtitles language, turn them on or off or adjust audio format prior movie playback on the movie page.
If using Netflix version 1
Subtitles and Closed Captioning are not supported for this version.