This article is designed to assist with audio issues that may occur when watching a Netflix video.
IMPORTANT: Prior to going through this article, make sure you understand that there are different versions of the Netflix app .
Audio errors that may appear on Blu-ray Disc players, home theatre systems, Network Media players and TVs:
- The audio and video are out of sync when trying to watch Netflix video.
The audio and video may get out of sync after fast forwarding or rewinding the video. To try to resolve this issue, the video should be restarted by doing the following:
- While the Netflix video is playing, press the Option button on the supplied remote.
- Select Restart.
- No sound when playing back programs from any of the Internet services.
Certain video footage may not contain audio or sound. If you have verified that the video or section of the video should have sound, follow these additional troubleshooting steps .
- There is no sound from Netflix content when connected with an HDMI cable to an Audio/Video (A/V) stereo system.
This may be an indication that the stereo system does not support DTS or Dolby Digital sound. To get sound, go into the Audio Settings menu of the Blu-ray Disc player and change the Audio (HDMI) setting to PCM.
NOTE: Make sure that the software of the A/V receiver is up to date. If the software is not up to date, there will be no sound even if the settings of the A/V receiver are configured correctly.
- There is no sound when streaming Netflix video in 5.1 surround sound through the HDMI connection from the Blu-ray Disc player.
Set the Audio & Subtitles option from the title screen to Stereo. More information is available about Netflix video in 5.1 surround sound .
- Audio distortion is heard when streaming Netflix content through a home stereo system.
An issue described as a popping, chirping, screeching or other noise distortion has been identified when streaming a Netflix movie or TV show, where the audio content has been encoded using the Dolby Digital Plus format. Follow these troubleshooting steps.
Audio Errors that may occur when using an Internet TV with Google TV, Media or Blu-ray Disc player with Google TV:
- There is no sound when playing a movie from the Netflix when using a Google TV device. Follow the steps below if no sound is heard when playing a movie from the Netflix service:
- On the keypad remote control, press the TV button to temporarily put the Internet TV device into the TV mode.
- Wait 5 seconds.
- Press the back button.
- The Netflix service starts again. After choosing a movie to play, the sound should now be heard.
Network Services / Apps: News and Issues (Netflix, Amazon Video, YouTube, etc.)