To make the most out of your Sony's Android TV, you should make sure to always keep it up to date with the latest firmware & software updates from Sony and Google. Updates for your TV will include key features and applications, as well as bug fixes and feature improvements.
Troubleshooting (Android TV): What are the benefits of restarting the TV and software updates? / Issues with the sound and screen .
IMPORTANT: Your TV must be connected to the Internet - through a wired or wireless network - in order to perform system updates. Alternatively, you can download the updates to a USB flash drive, and install the update on the TV via USB (see section 4 of this article).
- Checking if updates are available for your TV
- Downloading updates through the Internet directly
- Installing the update
- Updating using a USB flash drive
1. Checking if updates are available for your TV
In order to receive software updates, make sure the Automatic software download setting from your TV is turned ON. This way, as soon as an update is available for your device, it will start downloading automatically. If you turned this setting OFF, you will have to manually check if updates are available for your TV.
To check whether the Automatic software download setting is turned ON or OFF, or to manually check if a system firmware update is available, follow these steps:
- Press the HOME button on your remote control
- Then, select Help in the Settings shelf
- In the Help menu, scroll down until you find System software update - Update the TV system software under System
- Then, either use the Check for a system software update function, or restore the Automatic software download setting to ON
At that point, your TV will start browsing for updates and will offer to download them if any are available.
- Make sure the Automatic software download setting is set to ON by going to [HOME] > [Help] > [System software update] > [Automatic software download]
- Manually check for updates once, by going to [HOME] > [Help] > [System software update] > [Check for a system software update]
If an update is available for download, the procedure to download it will be the following:
- First, the TV will ask if you wish to proceed with the download, and display the contents (new features, bug fixes, etc.) of the update.
- Select Yes to continue.
NOTE: You can use your TV normally while it is downloading an update.
IMPORTANT: Downloading updates and installing updates are two different processes.
Once the TV finishes downloading an update, it will then ask if you wish to install it.
Select OK to accept and start the installation. Alternatively, you can select Cancel, and proceed later with the installation of the update.
IMPORTANT: Be advised that installing an update can take up to 30 minutes, a time during which you will not be able to use your television, and a screen with an update icon will be displayed.
WARNING: There is a risk of hardware damage. During the installation of the update, do not press any buttons, power off the TV or disconnect it from the AC power outlet. Loss of power during the installation of the firmware update may cause the TV set to become unresponsive or require a repair.
As soon as the installation of the update finishes, you can use your TV normally again.
If your TV doesn't have Internet access and/or you wish to do the update manually, you can do so using a USB flash drive, by downloading the update from the Sony support website.
To do so, proceed as follows:
- Go to the Sony support website
- Type your TV model name in the search box
If you do not know what your model number is, please check the sticker at the lower left corner of your TV's back panel.
Examples of correct model names are: KD-55X9305C | KD-65S8505C | KDL-55W805C
- Navigate to the "Downloads" section and select the Firmware download button
- Follow the instructions on the website to download the update to a USB flash drive, and perform the update on your TV.
Should you still experience problems after the firmware update, we suggest you try the following:
- Perform a power cycle by unplugging the AC power cord for 5 minutes and then re-inserting the power cord.
- Complete a factory reset : [Home] > [Settings] > [TV] > [Storage and Reset] > [Factory data reset].
NOTE: The screenshots provided here are for reference only. The actual screen might differ slightly according to your country, model or firmware version.