This is a step-by-step guide how to perform a basic tuning for up to four antenna (LNB) satellites.
IMPORTANT: Before you begin with the tuning procedure, you will need the basic details of your satellite system (which satellite is received or how the signal is distributed from satellite antenna to TV, for example). This information can be retrieved by contacting your broadcast and satellite antenna provider.
The below procedure applies to all of our Sony's Android televisions. However, depending on your TV model, slight differences between the layout of the remote control and the menu interface may occur.If you need further guidance at any point, you can find out more information in your TV's built-in Help Guide, or by navigating to the Support-page of your TV model.
|Use the arrow buttons on your remote to navigate around the TV menu||Select options by pressing the "plus" button. This is the round button in the centre of the circular Menu area of your remote.|
- Switch on the TV, and make sure the satellite antenna (aerial) cable is properly connected to the TV.
- Press the [HOME] button of your remote controller.
- Select Settings → Channel Setup → Digital Setup → Satellite Set-up → Digital Satellite Tuning.
- When asked "Do you want to start Digital Satellite Tuning?", select Yes.
- Choose Fixed antenna or DiSEqC and select Next.
- In this step you will be asked to choose between two satellite channel lists: Preferred Satellite or General Satellite.
- Preferred Satellite contains a channel list from the selected broadcast provider, together with default parameters to help with the channel tuning.
- General Satellite will show all channels of the selected satellite antenna. The receiving and tuning parameters are using the default settings, and may need to be amended according to the type of installation.
NOTE: Some parameters can be changed in the tuning for Preferred Satellite, and all parameters can be changed in the tuning for General Satellite. Consult your broadcast provider and your satellite antenna system provider for specific information of which settings you need to set.
When selecting Preferred Satellite:
- A list of providers will appear. Select your preferred satellite provider.
- The satellite tuning will now begin. A notification is shown when finished.
When selecting General Satellite:
- Start by selecting Satellite 1
- Make sure that Satellite 1 is set to ON.
- Set Scan Type to Full.
- Go to Satellite Selection and select your satellite from the list.
- Go to LNB Configuration and set DiSEqC Control to A and confirm.
- Now you can see the Signal strength and Signal quality bars. These should be close to MAX. This indicates that you are receiving a signal from the satellite and can start with the channel tuning.
NOTE: If the bars are showing a low signal, or do not rise at all, you will need to change the tuning parameters (usually the LNB Voltage and/or DiSEqC control in LNB configuration or polarization in Transponder settings). Once you get the signal strength and quality indicators up you can start the channel tuning.
- Set up a second satellite the same way but set DiSEqC Control to B in LNB Configuration. Repeat if you would like to set up Satellite 3 (DiSEqC C) and/or Satellite 4 (DiSEqC D) as well.
- Go back to the screen with the satellites by pressing [RETURN] on your remote controller.
- Select Start to begin with the tuning.
IMPORTANT: Full Scan Tuning for two or more satellites may last up to one hour to complete.
NOTE: The screenshots provided here are for reference only. The actual screen might differ slightly according to your country, model or firmware version.