IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The phenomenon you're observing is called picture noise. This type of noise can occur when a camera with a high-resolution setting records a scene at night or in the dark. To improve your viewing experience, adjust the following settings on your Android TV™ or Google TV™:
- Open the Settings screen according to your TV remote options:
- Press the Quick settings button, then select Settings.
- Press the HOME button, then select Settings.
- The following steps depend on your TV menu navigation:
- Select Display & Sound → Picture → Clarity.
- Select Display & Sound → Picture → Advanced settings → Clarity.
- Select Display → Picture → Advanced settings → Clarity.
- Perform the following adjustments:
- Decrease Sharpness to 50.
- Change Reality Creation from Auto to Manual, then decrease the Resolution value.
- Change Random noise reduction from Auto to High.
For some video sources, noise may still appear even after changing the Random noise reduction setting from Auto to High. In this case, set the Random noise reduction to Off.
- Change Digital noise reduction from Auto to High.