Bravia Sync is a feature that enables your television's remote to control other Bravia Sync-compatible equipment, through the use of the HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) technology. Controlling other devices such as Blu-ray Disc Players or Home Theatre Systems becomes particularly convenient and easy once the communication between the devices is established, using Bravia Sync.
The control you will be granted - using the TV's remote - over the device you connected will depend on the type of device, but it will typically include the possibility to:
- Turn ON or OFF the device
- Navigate the menus of the device
- Control playback operations
- Control the volume setting of the device
IMPORTANT: Your devices must be connected together using certified HDMI cables for this feature to work properly.
Controlling Bravia Sync-compatible equipment (Sony Android TV only)
Simply follow these steps to control Bravia Sync-compatible equipment using the TV’s remote:
- First, you need to make sure the "Control for HDMI" setting is activated on your devices.
- On the TV, press HOME, then select > [External Inputs] > [HDMI Set-up] > [Control for HDMI] > [On].
- For other devices in your system, activate “Control for HDMI” in the settings. For details, refer to the instruction manual of the connected equipment.
- Then, press SYNC MENU on the TV's remote, select [HDMI Device Selection] and select the desired equipment.
NOTE: Bravia Sync-compatible equipment (except audio systems) will be listed as a new input source under [Inputs] in the Home Menu.
Using the Sync Menu
The Sync Menu, reached by pressing the Sync Menu button on your TV's remote, offers the following items.
- HDMI Device Selection
Enables the selection of Bravia Sync-compatible equipment to be controlled by the TV’s remote.
- Device Control|
Displays the menu, options and title list of the connected equipment, or turns the equipment off.
Switches the speaker output between the TV and the connected audio equipment.
- TV Control
Displays the menu and options of the TV, or shows/hides the display items on the TV screen.
- Return to TV
Returns to the TV tuner.