IMPORTANT: This article only applies to specific products. Please check the "Supported products" in this article.
You can connect a supported Android smartphone and the TV with a Micro USB cable to enjoy content (Photos, Music, Videos) saved in the smartphone on the TV. You can also perform such operations with the TV’s remote control. Refer to the information below for more about supported devices and the operating procedure.
[A] Android smartphone
[B] TV’s remote control
- BRAVIA TV: Models released in or after 2017
- Smartphone: Android 4.1 or later
NOTE: Other smartphone Operating Systems (OSs), including iOS and Windows, are not supported. This feature may not be supported depending on the Android smartphone model.
Supported file formats:
For details about file formats, please refer to the manual of your TV.
The following video introduces how to connect an Android Device with a USB Cable and display content on the BRAVIA TV.
NOTE: The display screen may differ depending on the model.
- Prepare the Android smartphone and Micro USB cable.
- Connect the TV and smartphone with the Micro USB cable.
- Set the USB setting of the smartphone to File Transfers or MTP mode.
Example of the screen:
- Open the TV’s Media Player app.
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Media.
- Select Photo, Music or Video.
- When you select Photo, Music or Video two folders are displayed as shown in the following image.
Content in each folder from the smartphone’s internal and external memory.
All photo/music/video content from the smartphone’s internal and external memory.
NOTE: If there is a Picture folder in both the internal memory and external memory of the smartphone, both Picture folders will appear separately.
- Select content with the TV’s remote control. The colour keys can be used to toggle between Photo, Music and Video.