IMPORTANT: This article refers to TVs other than Android TV.
- For Android TV, refer to: The Android TV cannot be connected to the Internet: how to perform a network diagnosis
- If the Wi‑Fi signal occasionally or frequently disconnects, visit: The Wi-Fi signal drops or intermittently disconnects. (For TVs other than Android TV)
Before you start
- Dial-up internet and connections by proxy aren't supported.
- Networks that require login for authentication, such as virtual private network (VPN) or PPPoE connections, aren't supported.
- If it's necessary to disable the firewall of the router, please contact your internet provided or the manufacturer of the router.
Performing a Network Diagnosis
Follow the procedure below to perform a network diagnosis. The menu screen varies depending on your model. For model-specific information, check your manual on our support website.
Solutions depending on the network diagnosis results
The following screenshot shows an example of displayed connection results.
The three items displayed in the connection results provide information about the network connection status. Select the most appropriate solution from the table below according to the connection results.
- For example, in case of the items in the screenshot above, (found, OK, OK), you would select Solution 4.
- If you are using a wireless LAN converter (a type of device connected to the TV with a LAN cable), refer to the Wired connection solutions in the table below.
|Wireless device on TV
*Android TV is a trademark of Google LLC.