You can set Dolby Dynamic Range with the following procedure.
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Display & Sound — Sound — Volume level — Dolby Dynamic Range — Standard or Compressed.
- Select Sound — Sound — Advanced settings — Input related — Dolby Dynamic Range — Standard or Compressed.
The following are explanations for each setting:
- Standard: This mode takes the widest dynamic range (the difference between the quietest and loudest sounds).
Because signals are played back directly, quiet signals remain quiet and loud signals remain loud.
- Compressed: This mode compresses the volume difference and increases the overall volume.
The audio is easier to hear, regardless of the dynamic range of the sound source.
NOTE: This setting affects Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby AC-4 sound sources.