If you can't playback content of a connected USB device or a home network server with the Media Player downloaded from Google Play Store, the file format might not be supported.
Supported file formats
The file formats that are supported by Media Player from the Google Play Store are:
- For X74H_X75H series: For supported files and formats, refer to the Help Guide.
- For other models:
- Audio: AAC, FLAC, MP3, MIDI, Vorbis, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, PCM/WAVE, wma, ac3, dts
- Video: H.263, H.264 AVC,H.265 HEVC, MPEG-4 SP, VP8, VP9, wmv, vp6, mjpeg
- For a list of file formats that are supported by the pre-installed Media Player or Video applications on the Sony Android TV, please refer to the Help Guide.
- You can navigate to the relevant sections of the Help Guide by using the following FAQ: What file formats are supported by the Album, Music, and Video apps?
- If any of the above supported formats cannot be played, please update the software on your Sony Android TV.