IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The FIXED or VARIABLE audio output setting changes the way audio is sent through the TV's AUDIO OUT jacks.
- FIXED: The audio is fixed at one level. It doesn't change when using the TV remote control volume buttons.
- VARIABLE: The audio varies and changes when using the volume buttons on the TV remote control.
How to set the audio output on Android TVs
Follow the steps below to set the audio output on Android TV™ models.
TIP: How to tell the difference between an Android and non-Android TV
- On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Display & Sound → Audio output → Headphone/Audio out.
- Select Sound → Headphone/Audio out.
- Select Audio out (Fixed) or Audio out (Variable), then select OK.
- Disconnect headphones from the AUDIO OUT before changing the settings.
- If model-specific information is required to complete each step, check your TV manual. Manuals are posted on our support website.