IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Table of contents
- How do I get started with my headphones?
- Is the phone call feature supported on both the left and right units?
- Can the noise-cancelling effect be altered manually?
- The wind noise is too loud
- The headset does not fit into the charging case
- Does the headset power off automatically?
- What service is provided if the headset or charging case is lost or requires repair?
- Why are the left and right units of the headset and the charging case required to use this service?
- How do I reset the headset?
Learn how to use and set up Sony's SP700N Sports Headphones with this video:
You can only hear the ringtone and incoming audio from the left unit. You can accept or end a call by pressing the button on either the left or right unit.
The headset has only one noise-cancelling mode. You can switch the function between noise cancelling mode, ambient sound mode, and off by pressing the left unit button. In addition, the ambient sound mode can be changed (normal/voice modes) using the "Sony | Headphones Connect" app.
If you turn the ambient sound mode on, the wind noise may sound louder depending on your surroundings. In this case, use the "Sony | Headphones Connect" app to change the setting from normal to voice mode. If the wind noise is still too loud, turn the ambient sound mode off.
Check that the left/right units of the headset and the arc supporter are facing the correct direction.
If pairing is not completed within 5 minutes, the headset disables pairing mode and powers off. If there is no charge remaining in the rechargeable battery, an alarm sounds, and Voice Guidance says, "Please recharge headset", and then the headset automatically powers off.
There is a service to replace or repair the left or right units of the headset or the units of the charging case.
There is pairing information between the left and right headsets and the charging case (NFC), and this information requires setting through this service.
If your headphones malfunction, this video shows you how to RESET your headphones. If that doesn't resolve the issue, the second method is to perform FACTORY RESET on your headphones.