Table of contents
- How to register my Sony product?
- Invalid email address or password
- My Sony Account is locked
- Making changes to a Sony account
- How to link My Sony with other Sony service accounts
- How to enable 2-step verification?
- What if I can't find the product I want to register?
How to register my Sony product?
- Go to Sony Europe's product registration website.
- Select your country from the list.
- You can sign in to My Sony in three ways: using your email address, Google account ('Sign in with Google' button) or Facebook account ('Log in with Facebook' button).
- You can link your existing Sony accounts and sign in using your account for My Sony, Community or any of these other online services from the Sony group.
- If you don't have a Sony account yet, select the 'Create account' tab to create an account, then sign in.
- Begin your product registration.
Invalid email address or password
Step 1: Check if you've entered your registered email address correctly
- Please ensure the email address you entered is the one linked to your Sony account and that it is not mistyped.
- If you previously created a Sony account and did not verify it via email within the specified timeframe (72 hours), you won't be able to use that account. Remember that this applies to all Sony services. Log in to this unverified account, resend the activation/verification link and activate your account via email.
- You can use the same email address linked to your other Sony accounts to log in to My Sony. You can link your My Sony account to your other Sony accounts (e.g. PlayStation Network).
Step 2: Use the 'Forgot my password' function
You can reset your password by trying the following password reset options:
- Provide the date of birth you registered.
- Answer your security question.
- Mobile verification (Skip to "How to enable 2-step verification").
Once you've successfully followed these steps, you will receive a link to reset your password. If you did not receive an email, please check your Spam folder. Otherwise, try to resend the link or wait 24 hours and try again.
My Sony account is locked
"The maximum number of failed login attempts has been reached. Your account will be locked for 120 minutes to protect your security."
After waiting 120 minutes, make sure the Caps Lock or Num Lock on your keyboard are not interfering with how you enter your password.
Alternatively, just reset your password using the Forgot your password feature.
Making changes to your Sony account
How to change your account information (Email, password & address)
- Log in to your Sony account.
- Go to [My Account Details].
- Proceed with updating the fields concerned.
I want to delete my Sony account
We would be sorry to see you go, but you can remove your account by following these steps:
- Log in to your Sony account.
- Click on [My Account Details].
- Scroll down to the bottom and select [Remove account].
How to link my Sony with other Sony service accounts
If you have an existing account with a different Sony service, you can log in to My Sony with your other account details. You will then receive a prompted message asking you to upgrade your account. You might have to provide some additional information before completing the upgrade. Vice versa, once you've created a Sony account, you can use that account to log in to other Sony Services.
You can link your accounts for the following online services from the Sony group:
- To link accounts, the email address registered for each account must be the same.
- Services may not be available in all countries/regions.
Services available from Sony Europe
- My Sony
Services available from other Sony group companies
- PlayStation™ Network
- PlayStation™ Plus
- PlayStation™ Video
- PlayStation™ Now
Please refer to Linked Accounts for Sony services for details.
To add an extra layer of security, you can choose to receive a verification code by text message or via an authenticator app while you log in to your Sony account. You can change this setting anytime by going to the 2-step verification settings.
What if I can't find the product I want to register?
- First, please ensure the product you want to register is a Sony Electronics product (this includes: TV, audio & video, mobile [Xperia] and photography products). If you have a Sony professional product or a PlayStation console, you should visit one of the following pages:
- If you're confident your product is a Sony Electronics product, and you've manually typed the product name but cannot find it, please try to find it using the drop-down menu.
- If you purchased your product in a region other than Europe (e.g. Asia-Pacific, Americas, etc.), please go to the relevant region's website to register your product. Products purchased outside of Europe cannot currently be registered in My Sony. We apologise for this inconvenience.
- If the first two options do not help, your product might be missing from our database. Please get in touch with us to confirm this.