IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If you're experiencing problems with your phone, or your phone is stuck, a forced restart is an excellent way to troubleshoot.
How to force the device to restart or shut down
- Long press the power key and the volume up key at the same time until your phone vibrates.
- If you wish to force restart the device: release the keys at this point, and the device will restart.
- If you wish to force shut down the device: continue pressing the keys. After a few more seconds, the device will vibrate 3 times and turn off.
How to turn on your device
- Long press the power key until the phone vibrates.
- Enter your SIM card PIN when requested, then tap (Done icon).
- Wait a moment for the phoneto start.
- If a forced restart procedure doesn't succeed, you should try the 2-minute restart procedure.
How to force a 2-minute restart
- Long press both the volume up key and the power key for 2 minutes, ignoring any vibrations.
- Release the keys. The phone turns off automatically.
- Charge the device until a charging icon appears on the screen.
- Turn on your device.