There are several solutions that you can try if your touchscreen is over-sensitive, acts on its own, is unresponsive or has reduced sensitivity.
- The touchscreen’s performance may be affected by dirt, heat or the use of device covers or screen protectors:
- If you have applied a screen protector on your device, make sure that it is properly fitted. Ensure there are no air bubbles, dust or moisture under the screen protector.
- Remove any protective case or cover from your device to verify it's not interfering with the touchscreen.
- Wipe the screen with a clean and dry cloth to make sure that your touchscreen is clean. Make sure that your hands and fingers are clean and dry before using the touchscreen.
- If the device gets too hot, the touch functionality may be affected. Let it cool off and then try using the touchscreen again.
- Turn off your device and then turn it back on. By doing this, you turn off all running applications and free up memory, which sometimes automatically solves the issue.
- You can force your device to restart or shut down in situations where it stops responding or won't restart normally. No settings or personal data get deleted during a forced restart.
To force the smartphone to restart or shut down
- Long press the power key and the volume up key at the same time until your device vibrates.
- Depending on whether you wish to force the device to restart or shut down, proceed as follows.
- If you wish to force restart the device: Release the keys at this point. The device restarts.
- If you wish to force shut down the device: Continue pressing the keys. After a few more seconds, the device vibrates three times and turns off.
To turn on your smartphone
- Long press the power key until the device vibrates.
- Enter your SIM card PIN when requested, then tap (Done icon).
- Wait a moment for the device to start.
- Carry out a quick test to assess the touchscreen functionality on your Xperia device.
To carry out a test
- Find and tap Settings > Support.
- Select the Tests tab and choose a test from the list.
- Follow the instructions to carry out the test, then tap YES or NO depending on whether you passed the test or not.
- If your device supports Glove mode, make sure that the feature is turned off when you're not wearing gloves.
To turn off Glove mode
- Find and tap Settings > Display > Advanced > Glove mode .
- Tap the switch to disable Glove mode.
- If the problem occurs when your device is charging, make sure to use an original Sony charger and a USB cable that is intended for charging your device. Other chargers may harm the functionality of the touchscreen.
- If there is a memory card in your device, remove it and restart the device. If removing the memory card solves the issue, your SD card may be damaged. In this case, you need to get a replacement SD card for your Xperia device.
- Use Safe mode to check if any downloaded applications are causing the problem. In Safe mode, your device only starts with software and applications that were preinstalled when you purchased your smartphone. If the device’s performance improves in Safe mode, one or more of your post-purchase downloaded apps are likely affecting the device negatively. You can exit Safe mode and restart the device to uninstall the application or applications that you suspect are causing the problem. If the problem is recent and you're not sure which app is causing the problem, you can start by uninstalling the most recently downloaded application.
To enable Safe mode
- While the device is turned on, long press the power key.
- In the dialogue that appears, touch and hold Power off, then tap OK.
- Wait for the device to restart in Safe mode.
To exit Safe mode, restart the device.
To uninstall an application from the Application screen
- Only downloaded apps can be fully uninstalled.
- Touch and hold the app icon until the smartphone vibrates.
- In the menu that opens, tap the round cross icon > OK.
- Update your device to ensure that you have optimal performance and the latest enhancements.
- Check to see if the screen has been physically damaged in any way. If any damage has occurred, ccontact us.