When Tablet freezes, it is very unlikely that a repair is needed.
- Press and hold the power button for about 10-15 seconds to turn the tablet off. (make sure sure the LED will blink 1-2 times before releasing the power button).
Note: any unsaved data will be lost.
- Press the power button again.
- If your tablet freezes again, take note of which app you were using at the time.
- Check if there are any updates available for the app in the Google Play Store.
- Tap Apps&Widgets, then tap Play Store.
- Tap Download icon in the top right corner.
- All apps linked to your Google account are listed, with available updates highlighted on the top left.
- Install relevant updates and try again.
- Confirm that the app is explicitly marked as compatible with your Sony Tablet, or at least compatible with tablet devices running Android 4.0 or higher. The Play Store serves many different types of devices, and not all apps are compatible with all devices.
It this does not solve the problem, reset the tablet .