The following steps may differ between Android versions. To learn which Android version your device has, find and tap Settings → About phone → Android version. If you do not see About phone under Settings, tap System.
- Restart your device, and then turn Wi-Fi off and then on again.
Restart the router. Check that your router is Wi-Fi certified. Your device is Wi-Fi certified, so if the router isn't, the devices may not communicate properly.
- Make your device forget the settings for the Wi-Fi network to which you want to connect, and then reset it.
- Verify that you are in range of the Wi-Fi router. Check the Wi-Fi signal strength (Wi-Fi icon) in the status bar. If the signal is low, or there is no signal, move closer to the Wi-Fi hotspot, that is, your device that provides the Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure that the router is using the latest software version. Contact the router manufacturer for instructions on how to update the router software.
- Check the following router settings using a computer. If you are not sure how to change the settings, check the user guide of the router or contact your router manufacturer.
- Network mode/speed: Change to auto or mixed mode instead of b, g or n.
- SSID and password: Make sure there are no special characters or characters which are not in the standard ASCII character set.
- DHCP: Make sure it’s turned on. You could also try setting a static IP address if you have problems accessing the internet using your Wi-Fi connection.
- MAC filter: Make sure it’s turned off. Also set your device as allowed.
- Channel: Try using another channel, preferably 11 or lower.
- Add your device’s MAC address to the MAC filtering table of the Wi-Fi router. Some routers require your MAC address.
For instructions on adding MAC addresses to the MAC filtering table of the router, refer to the router user guide or contact your router manufacturer.
- Perform a factory data reset. This is sometimes the best solution if your device stops functioning properly, but note that it will delete all personal content saved on the internal memory of your device. Make sure to back up data that you want to keep.