IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
How to take a screenshot on Android 12
Take a screenshot using two buttons on the phone
Press the Power (B) and Volume Down (A) buttons simultaneously to take a screenshot on your smartphone running Android 12, as illustrated below.
A screenshot preview should pop up in the bottom left corner along with other options: Share, Edit, and Capture More.
Take a scrolling screenshot using "Capture More"
Scrolling Screenshots is a new feature on Android 12. Before Android 12, the length of your screenshots was limited to what you could see on your phone screen. You can now “Capture more” and take a screenshot of a full webpage, for example. Here’s how to do it:
NOTE: Not all apps, webpages or images support scrollable screenshots. This is the case if you can’t see the Capture More option.
- Open the app, webpage or image of which you want to take a scrolling screenshot (e.g. Chrome browser).
- Take a screenshot using one of the methods listed in this article. For example, press the Power (A) and Volume Down (B) buttons on your phone.
- A screenshot preview should pop up in the bottom left corner along with other options: Share, Edit, and Capture More.
- Tap Capture More.
- Crop the screenshot to select the section you wish to save.
- Tap Save in the top left corner of the screen to save the screenshot.
Take a screenshot of a recently used app
Here’s how you can quickly take a screenshot of a recently used app:
- Tap (Overview button) in the navigation bar at the bottom of your phone’s screen.
- Swipe left or right to select the app of which you want to take a screenshot, and then tap [Screenshot].
Assign screenshots to a gesture
You can assign taking screenshots to a gesture on the Side sense bar. To take a screenshot using the Side sense bar, follow the steps below:
- Find and tap [Settings] → [Display] → [Side sense] → [Gestures].
- Select a gesture from the following options: [Double-tap], [Slide up], and [Slide down].
- Tap [Take screenshot].
Where are my screenshots stored?
All the screenshots you take are automatically saved in your device’s internal storage. Follow the steps below to find your screenshots:
- Open the Google Photos app on your smartphone.
- Go to Library → Screenshots.