Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
IMPORTANT: The camera must have a NightShot® function for the IR mode to have any effect in the recording. Check the instruction manual of your camera to see if it has this function. .
- Turn on the NightShot function of the camera.
- Make sure you are using new or fully-charged batteries in the HVL-LEIR1.
- Make sure the switch on the HVL-LEIR1 is set to IR ON and you can see the red light of the IR emitters.
- Although IR light is invisible, the IR emitters will appear red.
- The actual IR emitters will not appear as bright as displayed in the image above.
- Pictures recorded with the IR light are nearly monochrome.