Questions & Answers: 167
- Frequently Asked Questions for PlayMemories Home This page introduces Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and useful information for PlayMemories Home. If your questions aren't covered in this article, don't hesitate to type your query in the search bar on the
- How to set up the camera to be remotely controlled with a smartphoneThe Imaging Edge Mobile (replaces PlayMemories Mobile™) app must be installed on your smartphone. Visit the Google Play™ store or Apple® store on your smartphone to download and install it. Remote control setup
- I cannot send videos to my smartphone through the Imaging Edge Mobile applicationIf you cannot send videos to your smartphone using the Send to Smartphone function of the Imaging Edge Mobile (PlayMemories Mobile successor) app, check the file format of the video you are attempting to send.
- How do I import or transfer photos and videos to a computer with PlayMemories Home?Select an option: Cyber-shot Windows USB Wi-Fi Importing the images from the camera or memory card to an external HDD (Hard Disk Drive) Mac USB Wi-Fi Importing the images from the camera or memory card to an external
- No picture or sound when playing camera or camcorder content on a TV via HDMI connectionMake sure your TV is set to the proper HDMI input to receive the signal from the camcorder. Most TV remotes have an Input button that cycles from one input to the next. Press the Input button repeatedly until the
- Where do I find product manuals, specifications, firmware/software updates or drivers on Sony's support website?Learn how to use Sony's support website to find your product page, manuals, firmware/software updates or drivers, as well as product specifications. The best way to find information about your product is to first
- How to reset a camcorder back to its original factory settingsSony camcorders have a built-in rechargeable battery for retaining time, date, and other settings. Since the built-in rechargeable battery is not removable, current camcorder models can only be returned to the original
- Will resetting the unit back to the factory default erase recorded images and videos?When RESET is executed, the recorded movies and pictures are not deleted. However, the unit's settings are restored to the factory defaults.
- How to troubleshoot a camera or camcorder remote control that is not working.Follow these steps to troubleshoot why the camera or camcorder remote control is not working. IMPORTANT: Some camcorders do not have remote control capability. For model-specific information regarding whether your
- The camcorder does not seem to connect to a computer via USBFirst, make sure your computer meets the system requirements for your camera and install the software and driver supplied with your camera. To connect the camera to the computer using the USB cable, try the following: