Questions & Answers: 135
- How to set up the camera to be remotely controlled with a smartphoneThe Imaging Edge Mobile (replaces PlayMemories Mobile™) app must be installed on your smartphone. Visit the Google Play™ store or Apple® store on your smartphone to download and install it. Remote control setup
- I cannot send videos to my smartphone through the Imaging Edge Mobile applicationIf you cannot send videos to your smartphone using the Send to Smartphone function of the Imaging Edge Mobile (PlayMemories Mobile successor) app, check the file format of the video you are attempting to send.
- When can I connect the camera to a mobile device using NFC?The camera can be connected to an NFC enabled mobile device using the NFC function when in the following modes for each function: NOTE: The mobile device must first have the PlayMemories Mobile app installed to
- No picture or sound when playing camera or camcorder content on a TV via HDMI connectionMake sure your TV is set to the proper HDMI input to receive the signal from the camcorder. Most TV remotes have an Input button that cycles from one input to the next. Press the Input button repeatedly until the
- Where do I find product manuals, specifications, firmware/software updates or drivers on Sony's support website?Learn how to use Sony's support website to find your product page, manuals, firmware/software updates or drivers, as well as product specifications. The best way to find information about your product is to first
- How to reset a camcorder back to its original factory settingsSony camcorders have a built-in rechargeable battery for retaining time, date, and other settings. Since the built-in rechargeable battery is not removable, current camcorder models can only be returned to the original
- Will resetting the unit back to the factory default erase recorded images and videos?When RESET is executed, the recorded movies and pictures are not deleted. However, the unit's settings are restored to the factory defaults.
- How to troubleshoot a camera or camcorder remote control that is not working.Follow these steps to troubleshoot why the camera or camcorder remote control is not working. IMPORTANT: Some camcorders do not have remote control capability. For model-specific information regarding whether your
- The camcorder does not seem to connect to a computer via USBFirst, make sure your computer meets the system requirements for your camera and install the software and driver supplied with your camera. To connect the camera to the computer using the USB cable, try the following:
- How to uninstall and reinstall a camera USB driver from Device ManagerTo uninstall and reinstall a camera USB driver from Device Manager Connect the camera to the computer with a USB cable. Turn on the camera. Open the Device Manager of the operating system. Windows 8.1 Right-click