Questions & Answers: 145
- Frequently Asked Questions for PlayMemories Home This page introduces Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and useful information for PlayMemories Home. If your questions aren't covered in this article, don't hesitate to type your query in the search bar on the
- There is no picture, or a black screen appears, when attempting to recordFollow this procedure to troubleshoot if there is no picture or a black screen appears in the viewfinder or LCD when attempting to record. NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this
- The movies play back in HD format instead of 4K when output from the HDMI connectionThis occurs if the Video Format option in the menu is set to 1920 x 1080. In this case, the movies record and play back in HD instead of 4K. Follow the steps below to select 3840 x 2160 for 4K recording and playback
- The sound is distorted when using an external microphoneTo resolve this distortion, set the AUDIO LEVEL switch to MAN. Afterwards, use the CH1/CH2 dial to lower the input volume. If the distortion remains after adjusting the input volume, change the INPUT1 Reference
- The sound of the fan becomes louder after using the camera for a whileAs with any camera, the longer it is used, the internal temperature of the camera rises. As the internal temperature rises the fan rotation increases and will become a little louder.
- What software can be used for importing and exporting XAVC S content?For information on compatible software for importing and exporting XAVC S content, refer to the following website. Editing software for 4K/HD videos IMPORTANT: Sony does not guarantee operation of third party editing
- The sound level is low when recording with the internal microphone. Can the audio sensitivity be increased?You can increase the audio sensitivity of the internal microphone by following the steps below. Go into the Audio menu. Select Audio Input. Select INT MIC Sensitivity. Select High.