You might experience issues such as:
- No response when the shortcut icon is double-clicked or the icon on the Apps bar is selected.
- An error message such as Browser has stopped working. appears and the app fails to launch.
If PlayMemories Home doesn't launch, you can try a computer restart, the initialization tool or a reinstall to solve the potential issue.
Restart your computer
There is a possibility that PlayMemories Home cannot launch because the computer is experiencing a process hangup (freeze). Restart your computer and then try launching PlayMemories Home again. If that doesn't work, please continue to check for updates.
Use the Playmemories Home - Settings Initialization tool
Open the PlayMemories Home Setting Initialization Tool.
- On the computer, click the Start button and navigate to your apps.
- Click on PlayMemories Home and select the PlayMemories Home Settings Initialization Tool. If you cannot find PlayMemories Home Settings Initialization Tool, search for it using the Search box.
- If Action Cam Creator has been installed, press the Start button to select All apps - Action Cam Movie Creator and PlayMemories Home - PlayMemories Home Settings Initialization Tool.
- Check the box for DLNA Off and then select Start. When the message Are you sure you want to run the following process? and DLNA Off is displayed, select Yes.
- When the message Process completed is displayed, select OK.
If the issue is resolved, you can register a folder. If the issue reemerges once a folder has been registered, it is possible that the folder contains images that are problematic in some way (damaged or incompatible files, etc.).
Alternatively, you can use the Initialization tool to reset Playmemories Home.
- Open the PlayMemories Home Setting Initialization Tool.
- Check the box for Restore the program to its default settings and then select Start.
- When the message Are you sure you want to restore the program to its default settings? is displayed, select Yes. When Process completed is displayed, select OK.
- When you launch PlayMemories Home, the message Select the settings that PlayMemories Home uses initially will be displayed. Select Use custom settings and then select Next.
- The Add folders window will appear. Uncheck the box for Pictures (or My Pictures) and then select Next.
- The Import Media Files window will appear. Check the box for Import PlayMemories Home when a device is connected and then select Next.
- The PlayMemories Online settings window will appear. Check the box for Skip PlayMemories Online set-up now (you may set-up later) and then select Next.
- Reselect the DLNA Off setting in the PlayMemories Home Setting Initialization Tool.
Reinstall PlayMemories Home.
Uninstall and reinstall the PlayMemories Home software (This link takes you to the Playmemories Home support website).