Follow these steps to connect to a wireless network or access point.
- Before starting this procedure, make sure that the external Wireless switch is turn to the On position.
- Not all computers have an external Wireless switch. To see if your computer has an external Wireless switch, check the computer specifications.
- If you will be attempting to connect to a Network that is password protected, make sure you have obtained the appropriate passkey from the Network Administrator before attempting to connect.
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen and click to select Settings.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + I key combination will also take you to the Settings screen.
- In the Settings screen, click the Networks icon.
- In the Networks screen, click to change the Wi-Fi option to On, and ensure Airplane mode is set to Off.
- Below the Wi-Fi option, click to select the wireless network you wish to use, click to select Connect automatically (if desired), and then click the Connect button.
IMPORTANT: If prompted, you will need to enter the appropriate passkey to access the selected Network. If you do not know the appropriate passkey you will not be able to connect to the Network.