IMPORTANT: This article is applicable to the limited number of FIT E Vaio (SVF1521 & SVF1421) for which the wireless card has been replaced at the Sony Repair Centre and for which the customer decided to perform a full system recovery afterwards.
Our authorized repair partner has replaced the WLAN card of the VAIO and has made the necessary driver updates to improve Wi-Fi performance. The below procedure needs to be applied only if you recover your VAIO to the original factory state.
- Go to Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features.
- Select from the list and uninstall following programs:
- Broadcom Wireless Utility
- WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software
- Restart the unit if requested.
- Download file containing WiFi & BT drivers from here. Save and extract the folder to a location on the hard drive.
- Install Intel Bluetooth driver by double clicking on "INDBLT-80276518-0082.EXE" in the Intel Blutooth (SVF1521) folder. NOTE: Install the application with default settings.
- Install the Intel WLAN drivers by running the Setup.exe in the Intel WLAN (SVF1521) folder. NOTE: Install the application with default settings.