NOTE: For model-specific information regarding any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operations manual that was supplied with the product.
The channel line-up, apps or available stations that are found on an Internet video device (such as Netflix video, YouTube video or Slacker radio service) may randomly change. However, to avoid any issues in which available channels are being skipped, make sure that the latest system software (firmware) update has been downloaded.
Another reason that an Internet video app may disappear or be removed from the menu of the Internet video device is when the Internet settings change. The Internet setting may change for the following reasons:
- The Internet video device is being used in a different country or region. The Internet video apps are region based and may not work in different countries or regions.
- The network settings such as the Internet Protocol (IP) is changed by the Internet Service Provider (ISP). In this case it may be necessary to reset the network equipment and redo the network set up from the menu of the Internet video device.
- The ISP was replaced or changed. Even if the network hardware stays the same, it may be necessary to reset the network equipment and redo the network set up from the menu of the Internet video device.
Use the following additional troubleshooting steps if Internet video stations or apps that should appear are still missing:
- Before performing the steps below, ensure that the Internet video device is connected to the Internet.
- Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check to make sure that the Internet video app did not reappear after completing each step.
- Google services will no longer support YouTube apps on some Internet video devices after April 20, 2015.
- Please perform the software update to obtain the latest software.
NOTE: If the latest software is already installed, No updates available or The most current update is being used will appear.
- From the menu of the Internet video device, select Refresh Internet Content.
- This step is not necessary on an Android TV.
- For Blu-ray follow these additional steps to select Refresh Internet Content:
- Select Setup.
- Select Resetting.
- Select Initialise Personal Information.
- Select OK.
- Reset the modem and router.
- Do the Refresh Internet Content procedure again.
NOTE: This step is not necessary on Sony's Android TV.
- Reset the Internet video device to the original factory settings.
- In case the TV displays an error code , additional troubleshooting steps may be required.