The following may cause the Blu-ray Disc® player not to recognize the external hard disk drive (HDD).
- The Blu-ray Disc player can only read the first partition of the external HDD. The supported partition system is MBR. GPT is not supported.
- There is a possibility that the file system of the external HDD is corrupted or unsupported or the external HDD you are using is unsupported itself.
- The external HDD has been formatted in exFAT format. FAT32 and NTFS are the only supported formats of the Blu-ray Disc player.
Follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
- Disconnect the external HDD.
- Turn off the Blu-ray Disc player.
- Reconnect the external HDD.
- Turn on the Blu-ray Disc player.
- If the Blu-ray Disc player still does not recognize the external HDD, format the external HDD.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. Make sure the files from your external HDD are backed up on your computer before formatting.